5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sn-95 Rant :*(

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Sn-95 Rant :*(

Ohh.... I just didnt get it lol whatever....
Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I love my SN95, even with it's blown head gasket It may be a heavy beast, but it was nothing that a "few very minor cheap mods" couldn't fix.

THE END +3
Old 10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

for one i love sn-95 5.0's and was looking for either a fox or sn-95 when i bought my car now it just happened that i found a decent fox first... as for handling ive taking curves with ease at speeds my friend who has a 01 gt doesnt feel comforatable and i even had a friend that owns a supra said i had one of the best handling mustangs hes ever been in but granted i dont have stock suspension either. and yeah i would rather have forged pistons because if you plan on high performance forged is the way to go.. always better.

and it is no more modernized then my 89 gt is as far as engine. and if forged is not better then why when you buy a performance car now
corvette
cobra and the list goes on sport forged piston( the reason because there better) of course a forged bottom end can be put in to fix that issue. same as the 93 fox that doesnt have forged pistons

and the ecu in the fox is alot more friendly when it comes to modifications to the engine.

you would need quite a bit more horsepower then the fox to beat one given the fact that both had good drivers and similar gears.

would i own a sn-95 hell yes would i listen to people that didnt like my car hell no...

i would just simply put a 306 forged engine in with heads and e303 cam and a supercharger and 3.73 gear(same set up my fox is getting). and have it tuned right and be done with it...

as far as things i love about the sn-95

sleek look when it has cobra bumper or saleen
interior is a huge plus
among other things

would i sell my fox for a sn95 yes if i found the right one. but i would perfer to have both and use the fox for a full drag car build up..

man enjoy your car and dont let people bother you sn-95's are awesome cars. alot of the new guys that own 99 up stangs dont like the fox and rag on it but oh well i dont care.

THE END +4
Old 10-26-2006, 04:54 PM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

I wasnt trying to start a argument, read the end of my post, i have just heard one too many "sn-95s" suck posts... the reason i posted your car weight is to make the point that your cae is only ~150lbs lighter than mine... just making a point when people talk about the weight difference between a fox and sn people talk in the 400-500lb range...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

I love my SN95, even with it's blown head gasket It may be a heavy beast, but it was nothing that a "few very minor cheap mods" couldn't fix.

THE END +3
LMAO its so funny when you say that
Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

like i said above sn-95's dont suck and dont let those post bother you.

enjoy your car. id love to have your car over mine. its just that i would fix the ecu problem and install a forged bottom end. but id rather have both body styles.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

To be honest though, not having forged pistons really isnt that big of a deal. You can still run boost if you want to and there are many people on here and many people around who can prove that. There is someone on here running like 14psi on stock 93 bottom end! I will be also running 9-11psi on my 93 bottom end and hopefully it will hold up lol
Old 10-26-2006, 05:05 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I wanna sell my car after reading that article lol not really, but that is pretty impressive information. Is there any way to make it so the timing isnt retarded at WOT? or is that why people turn it up so high to start with, or does that not make a difference? I am hoping to avoid the bad idle qualities of an aftermarket cam by getting a computer compatible one, so we'll see how that goes.

IMO u cant really compare a fox 5.0 to an SN95 5.0, and you cant say the fox is better just because its more modification friendly. My guess is people by the SN95 over the fox b/c they think looks way better, it's built better, has a much nicer looking interior, and is just in general newer; thats why I bought one. And they are still very cheap to modify when compared to a 4.6, it's just a few extra hurdles that need to be overcome. No big deal.

Honestly, what's a few hundred dollars in tuning when you compare to the thousands of dollars we all spend modifying our cars and making them exactly how we want them?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

True... its all personal preference. But you cant compare a sn-95 cobra against a fox body... thats just not right Im not hating though... I almost baught a black on black 95 Cobra!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

To be honest though, not having forged pistons really isnt that big of a deal. You can still run boost if you want to and there are many people on here and many people around who can prove that. There is someone on here running like 14psi on stock 93 bottom end! I will be also running 9-11psi on my 93 bottom end and hopefully it will hold up lol

I didnt say that they were trash i just said id rather have forged for high performance applications( they take it better) just a better piece of mind for me

Quick Reply: Sn-95 Rant :*(