5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How "Fast" Is My Car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How "Fast" Is My Car?

ORIGINAL: BlackLX

http://lentechautomatics.com/aodproducts.html

The manual valve body changes the shift pattern. Instead of PRNODD1 it's PRN4/321 unless it's a reverse manual vavle body. It's pretty self explanitory. You start out in 1, then shift to 2, and then 3. When you don't feel like shifting you can put it in drive and and will shift all by itself.
kk thanks... so is there such a thing as a 5 or more speed automatic.... and whats a c-6?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyinghigh2k8

So..... have you ever owned a car before or do u know the first thing about cars. Tell me u are ****in kidding when u said u "think" it was a gt. Not to be mean cuz I aint a car mechanic or nuthin but how the **** is anyone gunna know what the hell u are talkin about??????
Do us all a favor and leave that kinda bull**** out of the fourm, don't start ragging on people because they asked a general question before you can use decent grammar and show a little respect. Maybe he is new to 5.0s, mustangs, or even modding in general but I bet if the first time you asked a vauge or simple question about cars or modding and someone ripped into you like that it wouldent have felt to great... It probably would have even given you a little bit of distaste for modding, or the modding community.

Show some respect and make posts that are helpful...

BTW That is once beautiful stang bro... That paint job is Awesome!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 AM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: BlackLX

http://lentechautomatics.com/aodproducts.html

The manual valve body changes the shift pattern. Instead of PRNODD1 it's PRN4/321 unless it's a reverse manual vavle body. It's pretty self explanitory. You start out in 1, then shift to 2, and then 3. When you don't feel like shifting you can put it in drive and and will shift all by itself.
ive never heard of a manuel valve body that shifts itself, every trans ive ever built with a TCI manuel reverse valve body has to be manually shifted. kinda the point of it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:41 AM
LoganCL
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LCBlackDep183

ORIGINAL: flyinghigh2k8

So..... have you ever owned a car before or do u know the first thing about cars. Tell me u are ****in kidding when u said u "think" it was a gt. Not to be mean cuz I aint a car mechanic or nuthin but how the **** is anyone gunna know what the hell u are talkin about??????
Do us all a favor and leave that kinda bull**** out of the fourm, don't start ragging on people because they asked a general question before you can use decent grammar and show a little respect. Maybe he is new to 5.0s, mustangs, or even modding in general but I bet if the first time you asked a vauge or simple question about cars or modding and someone ripped into you like that it wouldent have felt to great... It probably would have even given you a little bit of distaste for modding, or the modding community.

Show some respect and make posts that are helpful...

BTW That is once beautiful stang bro... That paint job is Awesome!
thanks. ya this is a first for me... im still learning about everything... i know how forums work though and i know reactions like this so i didnt pay attention lol.

and thanks for the compliment

and thanks blackLX... but what RPM should i get to till i shift to the next gear?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:43 AM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Dude, That is one awesome car.