5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Almost wrecked my stang...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 12:22 AM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

Default Almost wrecked my stang...

So last friday i was on my way to school and was doing about 60 or 65 or so in a 55. anyways, i'm coming up on on a 4 way intersection, but my road is major and has no stop signs, but the 2 side roads do. so i see this guy in an old oldsmobile moving fast on the sideroad and he sees me and hits his brakes and stops pretty hard, then all of a sudden floors it, and being that oldsmobile, goes pretty slow. so i just basically yell outloud and slam on the brakes as hard as i can. i was about to go on his left and pass him but then he scoots a little to the left and i gotta go right again. i turned my wheel to the right enough to where i wouldnt hit him, but head straight at an embankment that goes down about 12 feet at about 70 degree slope. i slowed down enough to where i thought i wouldnt go over, but right then gravity just grabbed me and down i went. i thought it was going to flip, but luckily my car basically slid down the hill sideways and some forward momentum. i slide all the way down to where my car was angled about 45 degrees on its side. by that i mean most of it was still on the hill, but the right wheels were on the flat at the bottom. from the time i went over, i went forward probably about 25 feet. all the **** that was in my car slammed into the right side of the cabin. luckily i had my seatbelt on. the guy that caused this just kept on going. i was so pissed off. i get out and call the cops, and we look at it to see what the damage was. we can't tell about if any CV joints are busted because it was kinda in the dirt from where it scooped it up. no body damage whatsoever, no popped tires or bent wheels. the flat part at the bottom was all grass and had a sort of driveway going towards a guys house. i hop in a drive it real slow and then check it out when i get in on some concret. all that was a matter were some sticks caught up on the underside, some dirt caked up in the wheels, and a slight disalignment(pulls a little left).

i lucked up bigtime on this one. i still count my blessings. i come home all intact from iraq, and now i get through this with no real damage. i'm still pissed about the guy just driving on. i know he saw me go over the edge. i hate stupid people and bad drivers.

jeff
Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Almost wrecked my stang...

wow dude that is fuked up its too bad no one else was around to get a plate or anything from this guy, knowing me i would have tryed to spin the car around and drive back up the enbankment before i went all the way down hope you find the guy
Old 11-06-2006, 12:33 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Glad you & the car are ok.
Id stake out that intersection till I found that guy.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

good thing the cars okay.......
Old 11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
jaznasy69
2nd Gear Member

Some people think if they can drive fast they are good drivers
Old 11-06-2006, 12:39 AM
jaznasy69
2nd Gear Member

Glad your ok
Old 11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

thats shiddy, glad the car didnt get messed up, my bro slid down a grassy hill into some mud and messed up his suspension on his subaru...

original:jaznasy68
Some people think if they can drive fast they are good drivers
anyone that thinks that is retarded.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

i did that in my red one but i hit a tree lol. so u made it out good, when ppl are morons like that i keep a gun in my car for that reason. n btw u dont have cv joints, unless ur car is fwd.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

glad you and the car are okay. the guy in the olds will get his. that karma is a nasty bit*h.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

ive seen that happen to people when driving to work. its ****ed up. your lucky ur not hurt.

Quick Reply: Almost wrecked my stang...