5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

aftermarket amp install in a fox?

Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: aftermarket amp install in a fox?

Just get some RCA Cable's not the cheapies!!! You should be ok with stuff from either circuit city or best buy, does your stereo have Pre-Amp outputs(RCA Jacks) on the back of the radio? If not you will need that converter that was shown earler, but i would get a higher quality one. Check crutchfield.com. The converter basically makes pre-out's(rca's) to go to the amp and if this is the case you will not need a long rca cable..
Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

I thought that the RCA jacks went from the headunit to the amp, not to the speakers?
You sir are correct
I thought so! lol, lemme get a picture of the stuff that came with the amp, it's got all of the wires that I need, I just don't think that I can make all of this stuff work because some of it looks too short, brb!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Glasersil

Just get some RCA Cable's not the cheapies!!! You should be ok with stuff from either circuit city or best buy, does your stereo have Pre-Amp outputs(RCA Jacks) on the back of the radio? If not you will need that converter that was shown earler, but i would get a higher quality one. Check crutchfield.com. The converter basically makes pre-out's(rca's) to go to the amp and if this is the case you will not need a long rca cable..
Yeah my head units has already got two RCA jacks in the back for an amp (it's got plastic around both of them that says subwoofer, but they're RCA out puts for the amp).
Old 11-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

Ok just looked up your radio it does have preamps (rca's) just connect those to the amp and your good. I would get one a little longer than you need just in case you want to go around or through something..
Old 11-07-2006, 12:31 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Go to circuit city and buy the kit from Rocford Fosgate. Comes with remote power on wire, rca's, and everything you need to install a amp from your head unit. Just connect the rca's to the amp pre-out's on the back of the head unit and the remote power wire, a ground, and then the the large power wire with inline fuse directly to the battery. Dont cobble it together, unless you like smoke and fire!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

And thats a good head unit you got, you will be able to adjust the sub without having to go in your trunk/hatch or having to install a db volume **** thingy ahahha
Old 11-07-2006, 12:33 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I just bought a set of Rockford Fosgate cables from Best Buy. They are 16' long.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

Special NOTE: keep you preamp "rca wires away from the other wires for a clean signal..
Old 11-07-2006, 12:34 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: LCBlackDep183

better that instead of sending underpowered frequencys riddled with interference go to a good store like best buy where you can actuly get help and support a good company, get 2 composite couplers and a paired composite cable of whatever length you need... you can get some acoustic reasearch cables which are twisted and single sheat sheilded and not too expensive... not as expensive as monster and not as crappy as rca brand...
You're speaking chinese to me lol. I'm a rookie on stereo stuff, I just want the simplest thing that will work. Do they sell a kit that comes with the nicer wires and stuff?
I'll make this very easy for you... Send me $10 via paypal and i'll mail you a set of 16' long RCA wires
Old 11-07-2006, 12:35 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LCBlackDep183

better that instead of sending underpowered frequencys riddled with interference go to a good store like best buy where you can actuly get help and support a good company, get 2 composite couplers and a paired composite cable of whatever length you need... you can get some acoustic reasearch cables which are twisted and single sheat sheilded and not too expensive... not as expensive as monster and not as crappy as rca brand...
You're speaking chinese to me lol. I'm a rookie on stereo stuff, I just want the simplest thing that will work. Do they sell a kit that comes with the nicer wires and stuff?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051384862324

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117556&type=product&productCate goryId=cat08053&id=1051384697810(comes in 3'-20')

Shouldent cost you more than 20-30 bucks after tax.... and you wont be putting more power and frequencys through thin poor quality stock ford wireing then you should like the power transfer device circut sells... and will be much easyer to install...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aftermarket amp install in a fox?