5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

For my boy robert!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Dr. X

Default RE: For my boy robert!

I was just behind a vehicle (here in the heights) and I saw that it had Robert Western's name on the back. It touched me so and I just registered here to say that.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:06 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

I was just behind a vehicle (here in the heights) and I saw that it had Robert Western's name on the back. It touched me so and I just registered here to say that.
you recognize my car?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I think thats great you guys do that, this thread made me all tingly inside. You guys are some true friends, sorry to hear about that, must be hard losin a friend. RIP Rob
Old 11-14-2006, 05:30 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

original:PRO50SC
Nice, gigglin' in the background FTW!!
I was loving the giggles too, it almost made me start laughing out loud! RIP Rob!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

come on guy's why is it disrespectful?...they were doing it right...to some it might seem inmature,but it's not like they were screaming
WHY!WHY GOD! WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM FROM US!?

Old 11-14-2006, 01:11 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

I actually filmed that video of him doing a burnout in the sonic parking lot
Old 11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Dropdagloves20
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, that's what I heard, Dr. X, what car was it that you saw with his name on the back? and honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with what we do, seeing the circumstances and Mustangs was Robert's life. We make sure no one else is around and it's only on occasion, it's not like all 12 or so of us get together every weekend and light um up. and Roberts own Faleen was part of it. I don't know, I don't think we're any worse than the family of Mexicans that was there when we were last time playing loud *** Mariachi Music drinking beers and dancing, and reving their pea shooter exhaust low riders all to hell.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

I don't mean to be rude, but can I ask how Rob met his maker? I have a pact with my buds to do the same thing. We go to the funeral running open headers and cook 'em off right there when the horn plays...... I don't think there is a better way to ask the car gods to accept a worthy soul.

My first word was "caaw" and first sound was "vroom". I love anything that burns fuel and feel more comfortable in my car than on my couch.....but have this eerie feeling that that's how I'm gonna go.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

i dont thinks thats disrespectful...he showin his respect for his friend the only way us car guys know how
Old 11-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Dropdagloves20
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

I love anything that burns fuel and feel more comfortable in my car than on my couch.....but have this eerie feeling that that's how I'm gonna go.
Amen to that, I have the same concern, especially with my heavy foot. it all went down kinda shady and here's the police write up since it kinda sucks to type out and revisit.

"In Brief

Albuquerque Journal-- Journal Staff and Wire Reports

Passenger Killed In Duke City Crash
Alcohol may have played a role in a fatal crash early Saturday in Albuquerque's far northeast corner, police said.
Minutes before 1:30 a.m. Saturday, a collision on Academy NE in the Layton intersection killed Robert Western, 20, and injured two other men, police said.
Western was sitting in the rear passenger seat of a southbound 1990 Ford Mustang that was T-boned by an eastbound 1998 Nissan car.
The Ford driver, identified as Anthony Garcia, 19, escaped injury but faces two charges that include vehicular homicide, police said. Garcia, who may have been drinking, drove through a red light, police said.
A passenger in the Mustang and the driver of the Nissan were also injured."

Quick Reply: For my boy robert!