5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Air Fuel Ratio Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Air Fuel Ratio Gauge

ORIGINAL: mattdel

i've also been interested in looking at Air fuel ratio gauges for my new setup, i was thinkin a gauge for each bank. 2 gauges in the center vents, 1 for each wideband.
Big money there Matt. 1 gauge should suffice.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:57 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

money isn't a worry. having 1 gauge would suffice for tuning and driveability, yes, but i think 2 would help me narrow problems to either side of the motor.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Well that's true, just maybe a lil too critical. Your car, your money. Enjoy bro!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

btw, my girls camera came in today. probably tuesday i'll take pics of the dash and post 'em, and maybe next weekend i will post pics of the tank/pump, etc... install.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:35 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Sweet, I hope ya got a nice, er a I mean, I hope ya got HER a nice one!!! Hahaha
Old 12-21-2006, 11:36 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

HAHA awesome reply lol
Old 12-21-2006, 11:39 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Wild_Side

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

no one has bothered to mention that a narrow band o2 gauge is worth absolutly nothing and will not give you any information other then the o2s are working or not. you cant use it for tuning or checking to make sure the car is running correctly because th guage is constantly jumping around. its a glorified light show
I was just about to mention that. Chances are, if you aren't sure how to hook it up, then you didn't know that you will want to get a wideband sensor. It's pricey, but the gauge isnt really worth it without the wideband sensor.

Then again, I don't see a need for the gauge unless there are some major engine mods.
Nah, I know about Wideband, narrow band. I'm not looking at this gauge to go with tuning capabilities. I'm using it for, A.) To make sure that my car actually goes into closed loop and uses the sensors (previous owner had a 160* Thermo in..... [:@]) and to have that light show.

My main guage is the DPSS that I bought. I'm in love with the shift light, just watch the road and wait for it to light, then SHIFT! No more short shifts due to guessing engine RPMs.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wild_Side

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

no one has bothered to mention that a narrow band o2 gauge is worth absolutly nothing and will not give you any information other then the o2s are working or not. you cant use it for tuning or checking to make sure the car is running correctly because th guage is constantly jumping around. its a glorified light show
I was just about to mention that. Chances are, if you aren't sure how to hook it up, then you didn't know that you will want to get a wideband sensor. It's pricey, but the gauge isnt really worth it without the wideband sensor.

Then again, I don't see a need for the gauge unless there are some major engine mods.
Nah, I know about Wideband, narrow band. I'm not looking at this gauge to go with tuning capabilities. I'm using it for, A.) To make sure that my car actually goes into closed loop and uses the sensors (previous owner had a 160* Thermo in..... [:@]) and to have that light show.

My main guage is the DPSS that I bought. I'm in love with the shift light, just watch the road and wait for it to light, then SHIFT! No more short shifts due to guessing engine RPMs.
+1!! My shiftlight was supposed to come in, but I don't think that UPS is going to make it to my house today because of this flucking blizzard
Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

whatever happend to rain or snow?

Quick Reply: Air Fuel Ratio Gauge