5.0L (1979-1995) MustangTechnical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.
Sponsored by Weld Racing
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
its really simple to pull the axles. it will prolly take like 15 min for a first timer.
1. support on jackstands
2. pull the rear wheels and drums
3. take off the diff cover and drain the fluid
4. loosen the bolt and take out the little shaft in the dif (not sure what its called it just 1 bolt and its a metal shaft maybed somebody can help me out)
5. after you remove that have a buddy push in one of the axles a littel bit
6. pull the C clip out w/ some pliars
7. slowly remove the axle
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor