5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

car pics and suspention Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:11 AM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

Default car pics and suspention Concerns

im not sure if the pics will show up or not, but they should.

if they did, by looking at my car you can see that it is lowered. i bought it a year ago and ever since then the front tires have been getting bad inside wear. i dont know if it is because the springs are sagging or is it is lowered too much.

i was thinking about doing one of three things; getting caster/camber plates, getting springs that rais the car to a ONE inch drop (if its not dropped one inch already, i think its more) , or having the caster/ canber of the front set at "the knuckles" of the wheel. ( thats what a alignment shop said could be done. however i called another alignment shop and they never heard of doing that without aftermarket parts)

anyone have similar problems, or advice???
Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: car pics and suspention Concerns

the first two pic are not related to the topic but would like to know if i need the hose that carries radiator fluid into my 70mm TB?? it makes it really hot and prolly heats up the air and the = less HP? anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

just get a good set of camber/caster plates and be done with it.

www.maximummotorsports.com
Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Your car looks like its lowered about 2 inches or so. A set of caster camber plates will help fix that tire wear when properly aligned. Camber on our cars can be adjusted by grinding down the struts bolts where they meet the spindleor putting a cam bolt in but if a pot hole was ever hit it could throw out the camber adjustments pretty easily. Caster can be adjusted with the plate on the top of the car. The caster camber plates just make adjustments much easier and stay in place.

That hose does carry fluid to the tb spacer. It keeps the throttle blade from getting frozen in place. I doubt you loose any hp from it and if you did it wouldn't be a noticable amount maybe 1 or 2 hp.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:57 AM
93must
3rd Gear Member

The caster on these cars are adjustible already, but that may not be your only problem. If your control arms are worne or if your tow is to far out it will cause wear on the inside of the tires.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

just to follow up on the suspension thing and to give feedback on what i finally did, i put in the ford racing B springs in my 93 fox, without giving the shop my money!! a spring compressor was used!! haha. i had N/A lowering springs in there from the previous owner that hooked up as well as a hot rod on ice! i just thought my car was fast when i found out i could smoke the tires through 2nd! but it was really slow at the strip. haha

i have upper and lower cont. arms and sub. conn. i can not tell you how much those springs helped the launches, i have NO wheel spin.

the springs are good for handling, smooth ride, but not too soft. they seem to hook up great and they lower the car noticeably. if anyone was like me about what springs to get, i would recomend the FRPP B springs, they are cheep too! and easy to put it, and that is coming from someone who has never done ANYTHING with the front before!!

Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Good info on here
http://http://www.miracerros.com/mus...n.htm#Lowering
Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Your car looks like its lowered about 2 inches or so. A set of caster camber plates will help fix that tire wear when properly aligned. Camber on our cars can be adjusted by grinding down the struts bolts where they meet the spindleor putting a cam bolt in but if a pot hole was ever hit it could throw out the camber adjustments pretty easily. Caster can be adjusted with the plate on the top of the car. The caster camber plates just make adjustments much easier and stay in place.

That hose does carry fluid to the tb spacer. It keeps the throttle blade from getting frozen in place. I doubt you loose any hp from it and if you did it wouldn't be a noticable amount maybe 1 or 2 hp.
there is exhaust gasses going back in our intakes via the egr valve, the coolant in the egr spacer is to cool down the spacer, I disconnected mine, but I also deleted the egr.

if you still have a working egr just leave it there, the car will run better
Old 02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
boof1027
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

if anyone was like me about what springs to get, i would recomend the FRPP B springs, they are cheep too! and easy to put it, and that is coming from someone who has never done ANYTHING with the front before!!

How much did they set you back and where did you buy them?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

i got mine from summit racing for $140. i looked allover and with summits 10 handling charge and no shipping.

if your going to do it by your self i would recomend going to autozone and renting a spring compressor.