5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

PCV sys. eliminated, NEED HELP BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: PCV sys. eliminated, is engine being hurt?

Yes, it can
Old 02-03-2007, 04:17 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Well i guess im gonna try to replace the pcv system, and see what that does, and hopefully it will help will th eoil leakage. If not do you think that i should pull the intake the replace gaskets? really i have tickets stubs, and the intake it not only but around 1 year old
Old 02-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

If I were you, I'd pull that bolt out of your intake manifold...the one where the pcv valve should be. Even if you can't rig up a proper pcv system right away, you still want to relieve the pressure in your crankcase. If that valve cover breather is where the oil fill cap used to be, I'd put a fill cap back on it. You may lose some oil from the back of your intake once you pull the bolt out, but it's better than having no ventilation.

As for the foaming, frothing oil, I don't think anything causes oil to foam besides water. When you check or drain your oil, does the oil look foamy?
Old 02-03-2007, 04:30 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

has ur dipstick blown out yet?

hows the throttle response?
Old 02-03-2007, 04:44 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

If I were you, I'd pull that bolt out of your intake manifold...the one where the pcv valve should be. Even if you can't rig up a proper pcv system right away, you still want to relieve the pressure in your crankcase. If that valve cover breather is where the oil fill cap used to be, I'd put a fill cap back on it. You may lose some oil from the back of your intake once you pull the bolt out, but it's better than having no ventilation.

As for the foaming, frothing oil, I don't think anything causes oil to foam besides water. When you check or drain your oil, does the oil look foamy?
Im sorry but i dont know where that bolt is. Im guessing the drivers side, but dont know. So the breather cap wont relieve enough pressure? or not....... I was tol to put a regular cap back on it, but with the pcg eliminated, the last owner tol me to put the breather back on it to Relieve pressure.................so does that mean leavin he bolt out or what? and no the oil isnt really foamny at all, just the filler tube, which when i pop the hood, it drops water the the vents down on the breather cap, which that is y i was gonna put a regular cap on it........
and thanks again. i dont know too much about engines.... trying to learn what i can while i can
Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

No it means the guy you bought the car from is an idiot!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:54 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I may be off, but the only difference froma breather to a pcv system is that the pcv circulated freash air into the crank case and the breather allows pressure out. I don't think you will have pressure issues ...just don't use a breather and pcv at the same times...one or the other.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

the pcv pulls the crankcase pressure back into the intake, if you use a pcv and a breather cap you create a big vaacum leak
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: silver91gt

the pcv pulls the crankcase pressure back into the intake, if you use a pcv and a breather cap you create a big vaacum leak
Not true, mine is set up like that.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

You are boosted..that is different.

Quick Reply: PCV sys. eliminated, NEED HELP BAD!!!