5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

maaco paint job

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
boooosted
2nd Gear Member

Default maaco paint job

Just wondering about this place. How much does a maaco paint job generally cost? Do they do good work, Im kinda on a tight budget and wanted to know if this would just be a waste of time or if they do good work.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: maaco paint job

You get what you pay for. If you go for the budget job, it you will get the budget results. Lots of overspray, NO prep work, etc. It may...MAY.. lok good for a year, but will then most likely flake, peel, etc. And that's if your'e lucky and it looks good for even that long.

You can pay more and get a better job. Or you will get better results if you do the prep yourself. But for all teh extra work and moeny, you're better off having it done elsewhere.

Most MAACO jobs will look good from far, but far from good.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Like posted above, I have actually seen some good work come from MAACO but you pay for it. You can get a 3K paintjob from there or you can get a 300 dollars paint job from there. And if I WERE to get a 3K paintjob it definetly wouldnt be from MAACO. My dad had his hood sprayed from there on his SAAB (stupid mistake) and it came out like sh*t, overspray all over the fenders, etc. and looked like spray paint almost.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Importssuk
2nd Gear Member

+1. a friend of mine had his VW painted there and he got it back w/ runs all over it.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:33 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

why not take your lazy butt over there and ask and look at thier work!
ORIGINAL: boooosted

Just wondering about this place. How much does a maaco paint job generally cost? Do they do good work, Im kinda on a tight budget and wanted to know if this would just be a waste of time or if they do good work.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

i use to have a 5.0 with a maaco job (about 1000k) and it actually looked good and it was on its second year the only problem they didnt mask so my whole radiatior and parts located around the vent holes in the grille were plastered with black paint. like everyone else said though just save some more money and get it done right the first time....
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
junknotch
1st Gear Member

I had my 88 stang painted there with the advice from a friend who knew the shop manager and paid a little extra for a good job. I didnt expect perfect but at least good for the price of $1000.00 dollars. I did all the body work sand blasting treating rust and removed all moldings and lights to make it easier for the shop. Within 6 months the paint was pealing off in big chunks on the roof . the shop never treated the bumpers the paint just fell off and like mentioned before runs and overspray all over the place. You get ehat you pay for but I would never go back there.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

my brother just got his 89 painted there 3 months ago and they did a really good job. the white paint looks good. it seems as if they did not really take a lot of time to mask the windown and other places, however, the over spray comes off easily. it took them three weeks to do the job, with me always on their backs about it, but that varies from place to place.

for the 2 year clear coat warranty the total out the door was 850 or so. i would get my car painted there.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: junknotch

I had my 88 stang painted there with the advice from a friend who knew the shop manager and paid a little extra for a good job. I didnt expect perfect but at least good for the price of $1000.00 dollars. I did all the body work sand blasting treating rust and removed all moldings and lights to make it easier for the shop. Within 6 months the paint was pealing off in big chunks on the roof . the shop never treated the bumpers the paint just fell off and like mentioned before runs and overspray all over the place. You get ehat you pay for but I would never go back there.

sound like u didnt scuff up the car right
Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i had a friend with a maaco paint job. he did all the prep work and he even laid stripe lines and everything and maaco just taped windows....it looked pretty dang good, so i dunno i guess it matters whos painting and how much car you take to do it right. "if you prep it, they will paint"

Quick Reply: maaco paint job