5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:59 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...

yea i'm getting tail pipes put on when i get my tax return back, i had to cut my stock ones off because the x pipe i got was 2 inches shorter than the h pipe so my tails went under the bumper so i cut em off. LX's have to have tails Gt's look fine without em cause of the ground effects. i agree too i hate having to smell the fumes all the time, hard to make my car smell good....well exhaust does smell good but not for the ladies
Old 02-23-2007, 04:00 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

I know what you mean the lx's look alot betterwith tailpipes on them gt's are ok without and look better when you cant see the tailpipes thats the reason I got the gt kit so the tailpipes are still hidden but sound alot better...

ORIGINAL:88BlueGT
I cant wait to run my tailpipes that came w/ my SLP kit. Problem is, I have a GT and I got the kit for an LX so I can run it when I get a Cobra bumper, but thats a long time from now so looks like Im going to be dumping for a some time lol

i am wanting to go to a cobra bumper also .. ..I got the gt kit so if i go to a cobra bumper in the future the 2.5" lx tails with chrome tips are like 135 so ill take the gt tailpipes off and put the lx ones on... but i dont know for sure if im going to get the cobra bumper or not.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:06 PM
ModularFox
Banned

i wish i could get tailpipes under my GT bumper but for now mine are dumped. i never notice any smell though..
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
CompOrangeHatch
2nd Gear Member

Ok this thread is useless with a sound clip.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

i wish i could get tailpipes under my GT bumper but for now mine are dumped. i never notice any smell though..

the flowmaster catback setup for the gt fit under my bumper just fine... the bottom of the pipe that turns down a litte at the bumper is dead flush with the back bumper you dont know there there unless you get down and look under the bumper... I had to get the right rubber hanger to make the sit just right.. looks just like it did when i had dumps just sounds alot better...

I know this thread needs a sound clip but dont have digital video camera and dont have a video converter for analog video camera. and the regular digital cameras dont really have good sound quality..

the whole exhaust consist of 306 ci: bbk shorty headers,2.5"o/r hpipe,2.5" flowmaster(40series delta flow) catback exhaust.... as soon as i get some video i ll post in the video section...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
CarJway
2nd Gear Member

I have dumps and hate it... I keep telling my self I need to put the Tail Pipes back on. I HATE the smell, HATE IT!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
boof1027
2nd Gear Member

I have tails and I still get that smell, but when it is cold out and your carb hasn't been adjusted yet that can happen. I am running fairly rich right now. Tails sound much better in my opinion, I have chrome tips on my gt but they fn drag on everything. I am going with the tails you guys mentioned also.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

i dont get a drop of fumes in the car now at all.... so nice...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:51 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I am ditching the dumps on monday, I have the cobra bumper on my Gt, I am going with 3 inch stainless tips myself, do the 40 series flows drone alot on the highway and how do they sound compared to the magnaflow 40 series?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: mustangfxbdy

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

the flowmaster catback setup for the gt fit under my bumper just fine... the bottom of the pipe that turns down a litte at the bumper is dead flush with the back bumper you dont know there there unless you get down and look under the bumper... I had to get the right rubber hanger to make the sit just right.. looks just like it did when i had dumps just sounds alot better...

I know this thread needs a sound clip but dont have digital video camera and dont have a video converter for analog video camera. and the regular digital cameras dont really have good sound quality..

the whole exhaust consist of 306 ci: bbk shorty headers,2.5"o/r hpipe,2.5" flowmaster(40series delta flow) catback exhaust.... as soon as i get some video i ll post in the video section...
Im talking like a nice set of chrome or stainless tail pipes that dont dump.

Quick Reply: getting rid of dumps for tailpipes...