Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 4,343
Send a message via AIM to ZachW04Stang
Default Isuzu T5 26 spline input shaft?

Today at work I did a clutch on a isuzu rodeo and when I dropped the tranny I noticed it was definitly a t5. Looking at the input shaft it has a large number of splines, definitly not a 10 spline like mustangs. It looks about the correct length of a mustang input shaft. I'm just wondering if its what companies like astro use for 26 splines or if it could just be used in a rebuild of a t5 for a mustang? Anyone know?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
84 Mustang SVO
86 Mustang GT
http://www.youtube.com/86zach

ZachW04Stang is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: michigan, living in O Hi Hoe
Posts: 2,809
Send a message via AIM to 94gtcoupe
Default RE: Isuzu T5 26 spline input shaft?

well send me the izusu shaft and i'll let ya know... i doubt its the right length tho... remember it has to be with in 1/16 - 2/16 of the stock one to fit proberly... i mean hell look how big of a difference the 11/16's the sn95's have made
__________________
Yes i'm the one that rebuilds T-5's. PM me for more info.
WRECKED as of 2/12/07 10:45 PM. rebuild is complete
94gtcoupe is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
PJB
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Vehicle: '92 Mustang LX
Location: Rotterdam, NY
Posts: 3,333
Send a message via AIM to PJB
Default RE: Isuzu T5 26 spline input shaft?

The Isuzu T5 is the same as the S10 T5. Some Rodeo's used the GM 3.1 v6.
__________________
PJB is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Scout2232
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,196
Default RE: Isuzu T5 26 spline input shaft?

Well if you could swap em, now you gotta 26splined input with the same Stock T-5 gears. I comparedmy G-Force gears and input to an M22 "rockcrusher" input and gears, they are bigger and just as straight cut. (Helical synchonized that is.) With that said... Polishing a turd doesn't make it any less of a turd.
__________________

290rwhp and 315rwtq on mustang dyno. 306, 10:1 pistons w/TFS Heads, TFS Stage 1, GT-40 intake, 1.7rr, 70mm Tbody. 17mpg city 21.5mpg hwy.
Scout2232 is offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
PJB
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Vehicle: '92 Mustang LX
Location: Rotterdam, NY
Posts: 3,333
Send a message via AIM to PJB
Default RE: Isuzu T5 26 spline input shaft?

I broke one of those T5's with a stock 2.8 in my S10. Theyre weak.
__________________
PJB is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
nicosantana
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 1995 Ford Mustang
Location: New York
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout2232 View Post
Well if you could swap em, now you gotta 26splined input with the same Stock T-5 gears. I comparedmy G-Force gears and input to an M22 "rockcrusher" input and gears, they are bigger and just as straight cut. (Helical synchonized that is.) With that said... Polishing a turd doesn't make it any less of a turd.
Guess you know a lot man! by the way sorry for putting this thread up from over 4 years of being dead...Hope you understand. Just an idiot who's needing help...My car is quite old and i guess creating a new thread seemed useless so i decided to put some of my queries here just to make sure i'll get a precise answer. So, it happened that I was installing the 32-spline input shaft into my NP241 for my isuzu rodeo 94. When I pulled the old shaft out I set it down to take a picture of the two before I installed the new one. I noticed that the shafts were machined differently. The new one looks as if it wasn't machined down enough to allow the bearing to sit where it needs to, it's about 3/8s off . Should I return it, see if it can be machined down or what? I'm kinda in a hurry to get this done before my busy season starts up. hope to get answers from you. Thanks anyway!

Click the image to open in full size.
Isuzu recalls
nicosantana is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

 
sn95_331_GT_ yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 98 Bucket
Location: CT
Posts: 2,394
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=124700115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosantana View Post
Guess you know a lot man! by the way sorry for putting this thread up from over 4 years of being dead...Hope you understand. Just an idiot who's needing help...My car is quite old and i guess creating a new thread seemed useless so i decided to put some of my queries here just to make sure i'll get a precise answer. So, it happened that I was installing the 32-spline input shaft into my NP241 for my isuzu rodeo 94. When I pulled the old shaft out I set it down to take a picture of the two before I installed the new one. I noticed that the shafts were machined differently. The new one looks as if it wasn't machined down enough to allow the bearing to sit where it needs to, it's about 3/8s off . Should I return it, see if it can be machined down or what? I'm kinda in a hurry to get this done before my busy season starts up. hope to get answers from you. Thanks anyway!

Click the image to open in full size.
Isuzu recalls
idk, ask an isuzu forum, our cars dont have transfer cases
__________________
1996 GTS 5spd 3060lbs
PI heads, COMP 270's, LT's, OR X, Bassani, 9.5lb aluminum flywheel, SPEC stg4 clutch, 4.10's, MGW, FRPP DS, 30#, 255lph, BBK 78mm TB, K&N, Weld fat n' skinnies, BFG DR's, power nothing, cage, 5 pts, Corbeau's, and some other stuff

sn95_331_GT_ yellow is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech
 
mjr46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 85 mustang
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 29,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow View Post
idk, ask an isuzu forum, our cars dont have transfer cases
you got it!!!!!!! nuff said...thread closed
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1996, 26, gforce, input, inputshaft, isuzu, larger, mustang, pros, rodeo, s10, shaft, shafts, spline, t5, upgrade

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup