5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

those of you with superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: centrifugial supercharger

and thanks for all the input, im just takin it all in , lol keep it commin
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

FullAuto what do u think about prochargers? i am thinknig about gettnig a sn95 car or another fox and putting one of those on it just to drive around
Old 03-04-2007, 03:34 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

FullAuto what do u think about prochargers? i am thinknig about gettnig a sn95 car or another fox and putting one of those on it just to drive around
I love mine, And Pro50 seems to love his too. Self-contained oil supply too.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

For pushrod motors, I'm not a fan of Procharger unless you're going BIG. Their F-series is one thing, but their street blowers, I'll pass. I don't think they are better than Vortech or Paxton. They cost more. Why would I pay more for an inferior product?

Now I know someone will say they have an I/C. But a $80,000 Mercedes has wipers on their headlights. So why don't youdrive a Mercedes instead of a Mustang? Maybe because you don't want to pay extra for crap you don't need?

Ask a Procharger owner what they think about their warranty service. Many will tell you they are very uncooperative and try to get out of rebuilding the blower for you. Then ask the Vortech/Paxton owners about their warranty service. Good luck finding someone who has actually used it.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:39 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mopman93
a centrifugals has more of a turbocharger curve wehre it doesnt reach peak boost till around 3000.
A centrifugal will never peak unless you reach max impellar speed (assuming no belt slippage). They keep going and going and going... You sure won't ever reach peak boost at 3k rpm unless you've got tons of belt slip.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:47 AM
kev2369
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

ORIGINAL: mopman93
a centrifugals has more of a turbocharger curve wehre it doesnt reach peak boost till around 3000.
A centrifugal will never peak unless you reach max impellar speed (assuming no belt slippage). They keep going and going and going... You sure won't ever reach peak boost at 3k rpm unless you've got tons of belt slip.
My car doesn't start building boost until about 3k... But anyways, I have to say on the customer service side, procharger techs can read the articles, and i think less than we that own them have. I've only talked to idiots. As far as intercooler goes, someone said it isn't needed, and that's not true... It depends on how much boost you want to run without retarding timing... An intercooled setup will allow you to run more boost with stock timing because the cooler boost is less likely to detonate... I'd say go centri charger with some gears... That way you can get off the line and build some power up top... Good luck
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i was thinking about running around 10psi with their d1 set up?
or maybe going with vortec v2sq set up. which one would u all go with?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:00 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

What's the price of both?

Kev, what did you call their customer service for?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 AM
kev2369
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

What's the price of both?

Kev, what did you call their customer service for?
When i first bought it, i talked to a guy and he ran the serial number on the charger... Just wanted to know how old it was, when it was bought, etc.... I called them back some time later about pulleys, talked to a guy that acted like he didn't know it could be done... Called another to see if they had a gear preference or camshaft preference, just to get another opinion before i bought one, and they just act like they have no idea what you have or anything...I gave them another chance and thought i would call them about the maximum boost that they recommended for stock motors, and the info they sent me and what the tech said was two different things... Just very disappointed all around....
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

the vortech v2sq is 32xx at summit for a fox
and
the procharger d1 (3row IC) kit is 3696 from andy'smotorsports.com or something like that
those are just est. i am sure i could find better deals

but which kit is better

Quick Reply: those of you with superchargers