5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

MY WORLD CLASS BROKE, IMAGINE THAT

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 02:30 AM
supadupaone

Default MY WORLD CLASS BROKE, IMAGINE THAT

[:@]well my sorry azz world class t-5 wasnt so 'world class', more of a low class. i wasnt racing or nothing (i do , but not when problem happened) just crusin in third and'pop' 'pow' 'bang' third gear was gone and i was sending someone to my shop to pick up my wrecker. thank goodness i own a repo service so i gotta wrecker. anyways, i yanked out tha tranny and the cluster gear as well as third are busted, missing like 7 teeth. my question is, im going to order my gears from Astroperformance.com, for har parts and cluster . which rebuild kit should i use, master or just the regular one with seals and such?. also, what parts do i need as far as before , my tranny grinded a lil in second and going into third? any help would be great.

P.S. I DONT HAVE TKO MONEY SO PLEASE ODNT SUGEST THAT ROUTE. I GOT NEW CLUTH, SHIFTER AND ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT SO I DONT WANNA CHANGE ALL THAT
Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MY WORLD CLASS BROKE, IMAGINE THAT

get the gear clutster your talkin about and just a basic rebuild it.. itll fix your 2nd/3rd gear grind that you used to have(syncro)

whats the diff in the master and regular rebuild kit?

im tired, n dont feel like typin much, 94gtcoupe will be in here in a min to give ya a fuller answer, im goin to bed, lol.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:36 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

as for astro, good choice, i got my trans from them... good guys there...
Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Hmmmm, ive heard of 3rd gear blowing alot, i know my tranny grinds goin into 2 and 3 gear sometimes, mine will pobably blow one day also..........do feel bad they go all the time, even thought poeple claim 450 hp when driven right. o well
Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: supadupaone

[:@]well my sorry azz world class t-5 wasnt so 'world class', more of a low class. i wasnt racing or nothing (i do , but not when problem happened) just crusin in third and'pop' 'pow' 'bang' third gear was gone and i was sending someone to my shop to pick up my wrecker. thank goodness i own a repo service so i gotta wrecker. anyways, i yanked out tha tranny and the cluster gear as well as third are busted, missing like 7 teeth. my question is, im going to order my gears from Astroperformance.com, for har parts and cluster . which rebuild kit should i use, master or just the regular one with seals and such?. also, what parts do i need as far as before , my tranny grinded a lil in second and going into third? any help would be great.

P.S. I DONT HAVE TKO MONEY SO PLEASE ODNT SUGEST THAT ROUTE. I GOT NEW CLUTH, SHIFTER AND ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT SO I DONT WANNA CHANGE ALL THAT
so sell the clutch, sell the shifter, and swap the yolk on the driveshaft.. problem solved!! tko ftw!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:52 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

do you jerk off to your tko at night? jk man
Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

wouldnt you if you had one??
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

na... couldnt get off knowing i spent alota money on a trans i didnt need... t5 is just fine, for EVERYONE on this forum... ppl just need to learn how to shift!!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:56 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

w/e I shifted just fine, no grinding, and look what it brought me, a broken t-5... but you keep buyin t-5's and ill keep my 1 tko..
Old 03-05-2007, 02:59 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ok, deal. ill keep my 1 t5(just bought it rebuilt, when i bought this car it had syncro problems) and you keep your 1 tko.

no hard feelings[8D]

Quick Reply: MY WORLD CLASS BROKE, IMAGINE THAT