5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Got My D-1 Procharger:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got My D-1 Procharger:)

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

ORIGINAL: AndySpeed

I went up to the guys house today again me and a buddy. We bull****ed for hours. He showed me videos of his 4.6 bored to a 5.4 with PI heads with normal bolt ons and had 12pounds of boost with a 200shot before the procharger unit and ran a 10.10... stock block ... So i looked everything over he showed me papers from when it was rebuilt to a D-1 from a P-1... He even got his polisher out and we polished the head unit up. Im doing the intercooler tommarow. I need to buy the 5.0 brackets thats it. Ill be selling the 4.6 brackets to anyone that wants them.. But listen to this deal i got. 42lb injectors Ford motorsports, 10 of them a 90MM Pro-M The head unit intercooler all the piping and brackets for a 4.6. The piping should be aright with a little fab work... But the intercooler is a real procharger one and everything is all on papers. Procharger was just re built by ATI. I got everything for 2500$. I gave him 600 tonight. 500 this friday and when i sell my nitrous kit another 500. I got another pay check by then. Also I have some sbc stuff to sell. Ill have all the money in no time. 2 Weeks max. But he lives like walking distance. Its alwsome. He offered to help me on my car and do what ever i needed. He just bought a dam 97 cobra no motor or tranny for 3Grand... Its bad *** looking with all QA1 suspension... He told me to leave the trickflow track heat heads alone on my car. With 12lbs he said should fly. Also he told me to put a good set of fuel pressure rails/regulator with a guage right after the fuel lines under the hood. He said to put a good 255 pump and if i wanted a sump fuel tank. He said not to warry bout the fuel lines? I think ill replace them any way... He said the boosta pump i have in my car should crank the fuel pressure up when the car needs it. He said the car might run low 10's if it ever hookes up, with a good tune. He also said to put like a victor Jr intake on it. Sound right? Hes going to help me with my timing. Im hoping this unleashes the beast inside of the motor. AHHH cant wait till shes fire'd up
Please tell me that they bleeped out word isn't fawked (replace aw with uc)
Yea i had to read that a couple times. Four letters? Either way nice buy, get that thing slapped on!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

So basically you paid $2500 for a 4.6 supercharger to put on a 5.0?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

ya cuz alls i need is just brackets. head units are the same
Old 03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

ill get pics soons i go up tongiht to give him more money.. and ill get pics of before and after polishing.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

I'd like to be updated on the progress on this as it goes on.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i'd like to hear the convo between him and the tech[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

were both cars at least sn95 cars?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

the d1 is a good blower...good luck with the kit. a 5.4 is a different engine than a 4.6...so he either doesn't know what he's talking about..feeding you bs...or you misunderstood him. you can stroke a 4.6 to a 5.0...do a big bore kit (most popular...power comes mostly from unshrouding the valves)...or doa big bore stroker kit which will net you 5.3l...that's the biggest you can go out of a 4.6 as of now. anyhow if he was trying to say he ran the d1 @ 12psi with a 200shot on a stock bottom anything he's bsing or he got lucky on a pass. btw 10's are a good goal but you shouldn't start thinking you're going to slap on the d1 and run 10 anything...especially bottom 10's. there's a big difference between a 10.99 and a 10.00....are you aware of the law of diminishing returns? the d1 really surpasses the p1 at higher boost level because of it more efficient impellar design. most people running p1/d1's @ 10-12psi are in the 11-12 sec range depending on the rest of their setup...altitude...track prep...and driving skills
Old 03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AndySpeed

I went up to the guys house today again me and a buddy. We bull****ed for hours. Hetook videos of his 4.6 bored to a 5.4 with PI heads with normal bolt ons and had 12pounds of boost with a 200shot before the procharger unit and ran a 10.10... stock block ... So i looked everything over he showed me papers from when it was rebuilt to a D-1 from a P-1... He even got his polisher out and we polished the head unit up. Im doing the intercooler tommarow. I need to buy the 5.0 brackets thats it. Ill be selling the 4.6 brackets to anyone that wants them.. But listen to this deal i got. 42lb injectors Ford motorsports, 10 of them a 90MM Pro-M The head unit intercooler all the piping and brackets for a 4.6. The piping should be aright with a little fab work... But the intercooler is a real procharger one and everything is all on papers. Procharger was just re built by ATI. I got everything for 2500$. I gave him 600 tonight. 500 this friday and when i sell my nitrous kit another 500. I got another pay check by then. Also I have some sbc stuff to sell. Ill have all the money in no time. 2 Weeks max. But he lives like walking distance. Its alwsome. He offered to help me on my car and do what ever i needed. He just bought a dam 97 cobra no motor or tranny for 3Grand... Its bad *** looking with all QA1 suspension... He told me to leave the trickflow track heat heads alone on my car. With 12lbs he said should fly. Also he told me to put a good set of fuel pressure rails/regulator with a guage right after the fuel lines under the hood. He said to put a good 255 pump and if i wanted a sump fuel tank. He said not to warry bout the fuel lines? I think ill replace them any way... He said the boosta pump i have in my car should crank the fuel pressure up when the car needs it. He said the car might run low 10's if it ever hookes up, with a good tune. He also said to put like a victor Jr intake on it. Sound right? Hes going to help me with my timing. Im hoping this unleashes the beast inside of the motor. AHHH cant wait till shes fire'd up
WOW.......

LoL Jp.... nice find. Also, when you mentioned replacing the fuel railes...there is really no need to, the stockers are good for upwards of 600hp. You will split the block before you need to replace them Unless there is something wrong with your... and if their is, I have a set of stockers you can buy! Check the sig!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

Your gonna regret it..............turbo turbo.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

well.. i found out the motor is a 4.6... his son is the one that told me a 5.4... but ya it was a stock bottum 4.6... so ill just buy the new brackets. Ya i do think the truth is fudge'd a little. Still its a steal for the price im paying.Ill be having the car tuned and everything. It should put me in the 10's after i do alot of suspension work and good tuning.. im not saying 10's right away thats for sure.. But when its all said and done then it could run 10's.. i just need a real good tune and hope everything is ready for the boost... Also a menthenal injection kit is this worth it? he said that gathersburg maryland perforamnce shop told him to put windsheild washer fluid in it. they said its got methenal in it. and he said it gave him 80hp.? that true? Im not sure my self. But i did see videos of the car running 10.0's on the 200shot and d1... but i duno ima go up n look at everything tonight again.. and give him a bunch of money to hold it till friday and till i sell my nitrous kit... am i going wrong by buying this ? I think its a steal compared to all the other superchargers around and i have proof and everything that its a nice unit looks good and ran good.