5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

gains from electric fans

Old 04-08-2007, 01:16 AM
deanzawistowski
2nd Gear Member

Default gains from electric fans

anyone know of any test or personal expierences of HP gains from an elctric fan? will i see any drop in 1/4 mile times?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: gains from electric fans

Ok i will prolly get alot of reponces from this but.... Its a damn anerican V8 stop with ricer tricks. Just build your motor up thats what their meant for. Under drives,fans,cai all ricer stuff. If your gonna own a american power V8 car build the motor whats 5hp realy when your pushing 300hp. Its just cheap stuff that broke people do. I had a 89 caprice with a lil 305 running a mechanical fan pushing 300 hp no under drive crap, no electric fans. Im just saying this cause the chevy 305 is the most ecomemy V8 chevy made. Its junk for power. Im uploading a vid of it atm. ( the vid was made when my steering colome broke and i start it off the floor lol) Couple mins ill post. Long storie short is i pushed this out a pos 305 with factory TBI then these lil power gains for V8's are gay. Realy no point.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
theorgnlimprtkillr
2nd Gear Member

i got about 15 or 20 more horsepower out of my car when i took off the mechanical fan and put on the electric and i think it runs a little cooler now than it did before because it doesn't put as much drag on the waterpump
Old 04-08-2007, 01:43 AM
15austin
3rd Gear Member

Here is a response for you......Dont listen to this guy. If it is cheap horsepower, I am going to do it. At the point I am at now, I would gladly pay $200-300 for 5-10hp.I have ele fan and underdrives and I would buy them again in a heartbeat if I had to. Ricer stuff???? What kind of fan do you think all 94 and up mustangs have??

ORIGINAL: DIMMER

Ok i will prolly get alot of reponces from this but.... Its a damn anerican V8 stop with ricer tricks. Just build your motor up thats what their meant for. Under drives,fans,cai all ricer stuff. If your gonna own a american power V8 car build the motor whats 5hp realy when your pushing 300hp. Its just cheap stuff that broke people do. I had a 89 caprice with a lil 305 running a mechanical fan pushing 300 hp no under drive crap, no electric fans. Im just saying this cause the chevy 305 is the most ecomemy V8 chevy made. Its junk for power. Im uploading a vid of it atm. ( the vid was made when my steering colome broke and i start it off the floor lol) Couple mins ill post. Long storie short is i pushed this out a pos 305 with factory TBI then these lil power gains for V8's are gay. Realy no point.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Lmao ok Cause they make cars like tin cans now and cant fit a mechanical under the hood. Hmm got lots of stuff to learn about build a motor. Vid is almost done. I just switched to fords i love my 86 fox for real buti know for a damn fact i dont have to switch to electric fans to gain a lil 5hp what a waste of time. I mean foreal what is 5hp gonna do for you. I can see in a honda since they are 90hp stock 5hp means alot but a well build V8 lol.

Edit: My 01 f150 5.4L pulls 300hp at the crank with a mechanical fan how that for ya. STOCK.. SO if i remove it and place a electric fan i can pull twice the load lol. What will i see with 5 hours labor and 5hp realy???
Old 04-08-2007, 01:51 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yeah i could feel a big difference between the stock fan and the electic. for one the car ran 100 times smoother. it was snappier off the line and now i could hit i higher top speed. the stock fans really hold the engine back a lot.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I guess with a 5 hp increasecan add up after doingseveral modswhich always helps, every little bit helps. I am going to do the electric fan since my clutch fan is shot right now.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:54 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Lmao ok Cause they make cars like tin cans now and cant fit a mechanical under the hood. Hmm got lots of stuff to learn about build a motor. Vid is almost done. I just switched to fords i love my 86 fox for real buti know for a damn fact i dont have to switch to electric fans to gain a lil 5hp what a waste of time. I mean foreal what is 5hp gonna do for you. I can see in a honda since they are 90hp stock 5hp means alot but a well build V8 lol.

Edit: My 01 f150 5.4L pulls 300hp at the crank with a mechanical fan how that for ya. STOCK.. SO if i remove it and place a electric fan i can pull twice the load lol. What will i see with 5 hours labor and 5hp realy???
haha its more like 5 minutes worth of labor. and they are dyno proven to add 10-15 hp and a couple .1 onto your 1/4 so if your at like 14.1 the electric fan will take you to your goal of breaking intot he 13's
Old 04-08-2007, 01:54 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Run a flex fan they give at higher rpms. Im not trying to say mechanical fans are the best by any means but not worth my time for a 5hp gain if thats all im doing. If i was doing many upgrades then yes i would switch but just to gain 5hp i would not waste the 2-5 hours.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:55 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

u can get a junkyard fan for 20$ from a taurus/lincoln mark8 and make 10-15 more hp its what hot rodding is all about

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gains from electric fans