5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

venom 400

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:31 AM
5_liters
2nd Gear Member

Default venom 400

hey guys, i was just wondering about the pythons venom 400 performence module.

is it worth paying 300 bux for?

how much of a difference does it make?

are there any mods that you should do b4 you install it or that you cant do or shouldnt do after installing it?

basically when's the best point in the mod process to install it for the best gains?

do you need a chip to use it?

answers to any and/or ALL of these ?'s would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: venom 400

save the 300 bucks and buy yourself an intake manifold or something. chips arent all that unless they are high quality reprogrammable ones, then they are definately worth it.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:55 AM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

i would take that 300 and do gears or anything else besides that .... i dont think its a good power adder for the money... IMO
Old 12-11-2004, 03:02 AM
5_liters
2nd Gear Member

ok cool, thanks for the suggestions guys.

luckythirteen13, i see that you have a venom 400 module, care to share your opinions?

same goes for anyone else that might have one installed or did have one at one point?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:04 AM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

he told me it was a good buy... but if you also look at his mod's hes not close to stock
Old 12-11-2004, 03:14 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

its pretty good. i get better gas miliage when its on...even though it says you would loose gas miliage. it makes the shifts feel better. down shifts fasters too, but thats with the aod of course. last time i went to the track i ran once with it on with bad wheel spin off the line. i turned the venom on had had horrible wheel spin and it killed my time. it pulled harder though but i need traction before i can say what a difference it makes. my next few mods will be subframes, pinion snubber and mega bite jr traction bars. after all that is in im going back to the track to see how it effects my times. but like i said, when i turned it on the bottom end power jumped up and i spun hard. i have an auto so its not like i launched at a higher rpm the second time so id have to say the extra wheels spin was caused by more power from the venom 400. and thats with the stock 2.73 gears. cant wait to get my 3.73's in

i think it adjusts timing and fuel curve but not possitive. the company that makes them is about 10 minutes from my house. i was going to go by there before i got it to ask what all it does but then never got around to it.

my reason for buying it was at the time, i had a k&n filter, and flowmasters on my car and thought, damn...thats about all the mods i can do. i sense got the desire to do many mods and now look, my car is no where near stock.
i blame my friend david for getting me into drag racing.

a full list of my mods is here http://www.koolpages.com/potatohell/trucks.html at the bottom of the page if you want to see what all i have running
Old 12-11-2004, 04:02 AM
5_liters
2nd Gear Member

i didnt just look at the bottom, hows reading the entire thing? lol.

it has quickly been added to my favorites, i just love progressive mod sites like that and yours is the best i've seen so far.

awesome stang by the way, i was going to get a fox body but the only prob was that i was having a HELL of a time trying to find what i wanted being sold by a dealership, because i required financing from a bank due to my severe lack of funds.

hey so a question for ya, first of all, is buying a 76mm aftermarket intake hose and a k&n filter and removing the air silencer just as good as getting a CAI?

if so, or if its even almost as good, who is yours made by, where can i get one and how much did it cost?

also, i've never heard of professional products, are they generally cheaper than the "bigger" more "popular" brands?

thanks.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:08 AM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

yes pro products care cheaper... cheaper isnt always better, but i have not heard negitive things about them... and i would buy the cold air intake, you can get em off ebay really cheapt... dont get a bigger maf unless your goin to get a tb and spacer to go with, and if you do buy a mass air meter, make sure its calibrated for your #19lb injectors .. removing air silencer has nothing to do with a cai, its just somethin you do when you first get the car LOL, not sure if it hurts chances of smog or not tho... also you can set your tps to .98 for better throttle response, if its already not... not sure what stock is supposed to be but o dont think its .98... really not much to do for free.... hp costs money
Old 12-11-2004, 04:14 AM
5_liters
2nd Gear Member

i know.

i'll have money soon.

so um.....

whats tps and how do you adjust it? [&:][&:][&:][&:]
Old 12-11-2004, 08:25 PM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

http://www.pro-flow.com/tech%20info/...leshooting.htm
that web sight will show you how to adjust your "THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR" (TPS)
as for the venom module it is meant to be smog friendly so it should give you good gas milage, but it is mad to kick in under increased engine load such as towing and "wot" wide open throttle, However i have far to many mods ahead of me to think about any chips or modules so i do not have the first hand experience to tell you whether you should bother. popular opinion is there are many other mods you should tackle before you mod your computer...

Quick Reply: venom 400