5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 AM
kev2369
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...

ORIGINAL: samseed101

No kidding. I don't know why they set it up that way. It basically sucks in hotter air and takes up more space in an already cramped engine bay. I got the idea of which filer to use from kev2369 and then I expanded on the idea to box it in and give it some cooler air from the the fenderwell. But the weekend is over and it's back to work tomorrow so it looks like I won't be making anything this week.
Glad to see that you found that filter... I haven't had any trouble out of mine, plus it is rechargable so it fits the trick... I thought about an isolation box for one but i never could really see where there would be room for one, so i just smiled cuz i only had 15 bucks in my solution... Good luck
Old 06-11-2007, 02:41 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

At idle, the TPS is 1.005. At WOT, it's 4.722. My throttle_WOT_breakpoint function is set to 2.5v
Old 06-11-2007, 02:45 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kev2369
Glad to see that you found that filter... I haven't had any trouble out of mine, plus it is rechargable so it fits the trick... I thought about an isolation box for one but i never could really see where there would be room for one, so i just smiled cuz i only had 15 bucks in my solution... Good luck
Yup, found it right where you said it would be. Picked it up today.

True, there's not much room there, but Im sure i can fabricate something. Especially since I'm gonna cut a hole into the fenderwell.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

set it to 1.250 idle and 2.8 wot breakpoint, youll love that setting alot better , and performance will increase substancially.

thats where you belong
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 AM
kev2369
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: kev2369
Yup, found it right where you said it would be. Picked it up today.

True, there's not much room there, but Im sure i can fabricate something. Especially since I'm gonna cut a hole into the fenderwell.
I was hoping you would, cuz like i said, APC went out of business so they will be a hard find because advance discountinued carrying them... You can get a K&N the same size if you ever want to upgrade... They actually show a picture of one on their box... I was going to order one the day that we got the APC ones at work, and when i saw those i just went with that...

BTW, my fenderwell is cut out and i still don't see how it will ever fit...Good luck though
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I'm not gonig to get the actual filter into the fenderwell (well I may if I can find a way to do it with one of the parts in the link provided by Bernie.) I plan on curring it out and then "boxing" off the filter in it's current location so that it's isolated from teh rest of the engine bay and instead, pulls it's air through the fenderwell.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 AM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

Does it really matter where the filter is? I ask becuase your system is intercooled, right?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VigCS

Does it really matter where the filter is? I ask becuase your system is intercooled, right?
It still matters. The intercooler (via water / methanol) does cool the temperature of the incoming, pressurized air. But that doesn't mean that you can just ignore the temperature of the air on the inlet side. If I can lower the temperature before the intercooler, then it's going to result in even lower temperatures after it gets hit with methanol. The cooler you cna get the air, the better.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

To look at it another way... think of an intercooler trying to cool down air that is 120 degrees as opposed to an intercooler that's trying to cool down air that's 80 degrees. In either situation it will cool down the air temperature... but you will get better results with the cooler air.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

how did those mods turn out, the settings and exhaust wrap etc?

if you dont wanna wrap, there are universal foil shields that does the same thing

Quick Reply: One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...