5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

HCI disaster...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Vader87
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HCI disaster...

Adders right after you get your engine up with the oilpan setting on the crossmember, just stick your hand into the pan & pull out your lifters. Maybe then you wont have to unbolt your pickup tube.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:48 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

or you could just stick your hand in there...

dont be afraid to get dirty
lol you should see how dirty I am, I just don't wasn't sure if my arm would be able to get all the way down there... sorry for being an ******* before but I did read the full write up by I believe modularfords and it doesn't say to remove the lifters... I just went through the instructions again and no where do they say it is necessary or to do so period...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Vader87
1st Gear Member

Hey $hit happens. Alot of people here know their stuff. I've seen the best thing here to do is not get personal. We are all here for the same reasons anyway, Our Stangs!
ORIGINAL: nothsa

or you could just stick your hand in there...

dont be afraid to get dirty
lol you should see how dirty I am, I just don't wasn't sure if my arm would be able to get all the way down there... sorry for being an ******* before but I did read the full write up by I believe modularfords and it doesn't say to remove the lifters... I just went through the instructions again and no where do they say it is necessary or to do so period...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:10 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

no... im here to make fun of people when they screw up then come on here and post about it, trying to get sympathy
Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

no... im here to make fun of people when they screw up then come on here and post about it, trying to get sympathy
Definately didn't want sympathy, just the fastest way to get out of the wonderful situation.

I will have a fun day tomorrow with the fox and hopefully can get her all back together as planned. I'm not angry that I made the mistake, just the fact stupid hci instructions say you don'tmention to remove the lifters. Again it was the modular ford instructions, I will get the link... It's still my fault, but I wish one of there 96 steps would have mentioned to take them out...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Vader87
1st Gear Member

And anything to get the last word in to! LOL!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:22 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Definately didn't want sympathy, just the fastest way to get out of the wonderful situation.

I will have a fun day tomorrow with the fox and hopefully can get her all back together as planned. I'm not angry that I made the mistake, just the fact stupid hci instructions say you don'tmention to remove the lifters. Again it was the modular ford instructions, I will get the link... It's still my fault, but I wish one of there 96 steps would have mentioned to take them out...

Old 07-03-2007, 05:26 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/techarticles/headcamintakeswap.pdf

my apologies it was allfordmustangs... It says nothing about removing the actual lifters...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:43 AM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

I clicked on your "allfordmustang" link and the window didn't fully open and then it wouldn't close no matter what I tried, soI had to restart my PC to get it off... thanks for the junk link!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Ever stop to think that maybe thats why the lifters werent mentioned cuz you were using instructions for an ohc mod motor? They dont have lifters.

Quick Reply: HCI disaster...