5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Maybakk

Default What to do next?

Hi all. New to the site and this is my first post. I'm wondering what to do next to my 90 gt. I've recently converted over from chevy to ford after owning 6 3rd gen f-bodies. What i have done so far to my gt is chopped the cats installed flowmasters kept the h-pipe, 65mm tb and egr, k&n filter, adj fuel regulator, holley 190lph pump, king cobra clutch, msd 6al, msd probillet dist with wires. I have a 8.8 3.55 gear in the basement that i can't find anyone to install(shops want way too much). I was thinking new maf with bigger injectors next. Am i on the right path?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do next?

It sounds like you're building a good foundation for the future, but don't get disappointed if you don't see huge gains from your current ideas. A lot of those are just supporting mods that won't do much themselves, but they will allow future mods to reach their full potential. (supporting mods... like injectors, fuel pump, regulator, larger MAF...)

The biggest bang for your buck would be a set of heads (well, not including nitrous.) Shop around and find a nice top end to swap on there (Heads, Intake, Camshaft.) You should be able to find a gear shop that will install the 3.55s for $200 - $300. You may want ot think about losing the stock midpipe. Even with the cats removed, it's still a bit restrictive and small. T

o continue with your foundation, check out a set of real control arms for better traction. It looks like you already ripped out the stock air silencer, so that's a good step. You might as well advanve the timing at the distributor. Advance it 4 - 6 degreed BTDC and you will pick up some free HP. All you need is a wrench.