5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Where do they go?????

Old 07-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Where do they go?????

Ok, I have a problem. In this picture you can see the vacuum junction. Red, Green, Black and White lines all come into the junction. Where are they supposed to go from there. I have looked at every schematic I can find and none of them are clear enough for me to figure out where the lines are supposed to go. Anyone???

[IMG]local://upfiles/57124/EC6714F8BF00425B877ED545D657FCE3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Where do they go?????

what year car???
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

My sig line on the bottom explains everything about my car... also this junction is on the passenger side near the firewall.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

those appear to be the vaccum lines for the emmissions control components on your car like air injection....ect... look at the vaccum schematic under the hood of your car on the emissions label. ALL DATA list 3 diffrent diagrams here at my work depends on the calibration code on the motor there is a sticker somewhere that gives the cal code of the motor
Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

The text on the left is kind of hard to read (To back of intake )
Red=Back of intake
Green=EGR
White=Diverter (Closest to firewall)
Black=Bypass (Directly behind smog pump)
Not sure if I got the names right on the diverter & bypass but I think you get the point

Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

those appear to be the vaccum lines for the emmissions control components on your car like air injection....ect... look at the vaccum schematic under the hood of your car on the emissions label. ALL DATA list 3 diffrent diagrams here at my work depends on the calibration code on the motor there is a sticker somewhere that gives the cal code of the motor
Any idea of where to look for that sticker? I downloaded the schematic for these lines and the problem is I am not smart enough to read it.I also found the schematic under the hood on the driver side and it's also not clear enough for me to understand.I was hoping someone would be able to tell me, hook the red one to here and the white one to here and so on.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Green I get.
Red? does it matter where on the back of the intake - just one of the vacuum ports is fine?
White - speak retard please....
Black - I think I get it.

Disregard the white. I just looked on the picture you attached and followed the white to the egr looking thing. I also followed the black and it is also correct. I just need to hook up the red line and I think I will be fine.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:21 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

wasn't trying to talk to you like you don't know what you're looking at, I just don't remeber which is which.

doesn't matter where you hook red up, as long as it gets full manifold vacuum.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50Trippin

wasn't trying to talk to you like you don't know what you're looking at, I just don't remeber which is which.

doesn't matter where you hook red up, as long as it gets full manifold vacuum.
I was asking you to speak to me like a tard.... I am new to this whole working on your car thing so I am learning the correct names to everything. Thanks for the help! I finally have all the lines hooked up the way that they were meant to be. I also cleaned my air idle control and the car is running better butit still diesONLY when the a/c is running. Any ideas as to why that might be?
Also, how bad is it to be driving my car with the fuel pressure in the 22-25 range?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas5.0

I was asking you to speak to me like a tard.... I am new to this whole working on your car thing so I am learning the correct names to everything. Thanks for the help! I finally have all the lines hooked up the way that they were meant to be. I also cleaned my air idle control and the car is running better butit still diesONLY when the a/c is running.Any ideas as to why that might be?
Also, how bad is it to be driving my car with the fuel pressure in the 22-25 range?
Can you explain a little more? does it die as soon as you turn the A/C on? How is it dying, just shuts off instantly or starts bogging then dies?

Do you have stock pressure regulator? Do you have a fuel guage that you can see while driving? If not are you just reading a guage while it's sitting idleing? I believe you are supposed to take the vacuum line off the regulator also when "checking" fuel pressure.

Search this Thread