5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

update from last night code 33

Old 07-25-2007, 07:31 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: update from last night code 33

I'm looking at the trouble shooting chart here in my hand if you have a few minutes I'll go through it with you what to check..
Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

FIRST
Disconnect vaccum line at egr connect a vaccum gauge to open line
rerun koer test and when the egr portion of test comes on line DO YOU OBSERVE greater than 1.5 in-hg (5kpa) of vaccum???
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

the interpertation of this code via ALL DATA IS THAT EVP SENSOR INPUT DID NOT CHANGE AFTER EVR SELONOID was instructed to open egr valve
Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I also noticed you've been talking about a idle problem since this code point towards a possible vaccum supply problem I'd follow the vaccum line to egr valve from evr selonoid(this is the selonoid that directs vaccum to egr valve when commanded to)and inspect for leaks and from the selonoid to the manifold vaccum supply and check condition of all vaccum supply hoses to egr valve.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

I'll give that a try a little later when I get the chance. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Anyway pm me later with test result based on that it'll send you to another step and I';ll send you instructions based on what you tell me as to where you need to go from there!!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Code 33 is the code that will be logged in the system when you install the EGR simulator resistors pack.....it means the valve is not been registered as opening (EVP signal change). The only thing this code will cause is have the EEC-IV system delete/bypass the EGR function w/out causing any driveability problems. If you want to solve it though, need to check the vacuum lines to/from the EVR solenoid (the one behind the RH strut tower on the top).
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

I think I may have solved it! I think the EVR is bad. I have vac in on the red line, but no vac out on the green unless you plug the breather bypass with your finger.Then it sends the vac up to the EGR which seems to work( you can see the diaphram move when vac is there) Ok, should I replace it if it will not cause driveability problems? If I do, where can i get one? Dealer only item?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

I think I may have solved it! I think the EVR is bad. I have vac in on the red line, but no vac out on the green unless you plug the breather bypass with your finger.Then it sends the vac up to the EGR which seems to work( you can see the diaphram move when vac is there) Ok, should I replace it if it will not cause driveability problems? If I do, where can i get one? Dealer only item?
Keep in mind that vacuum gets routed to the EGR valve during part throttle-under load conditions ONLY.....not engine idling, or under WOT conditions. Here is a procedure to ID if it's really bad.....

1. Disconnect vacuum lines at the EVR and connect an extension line that you could use to apply vacuum to the EVR source nipple (BTW...are the lines connected to the correct port....check this diagram....)

2. Run a KOEO self-test and wait until all codes are output and leave IGN ON.

3. If you apply vacuum to the EVR, and check the port to the EGR valve, no vacuum should be present there.

4. Now....move throttle to WOT position and release it....you should hear the EVR solenoid click (ECM activates it).

5. Apply vacuum to source port, and you should feel vacuum at the port to the EGR valve.....if not the EVR is 10-7.

6. Activate throttle again, and the EVR should turn off....routing any vacuum to the breather port.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

vac lines are correctly hooked up. I just ran the test you suggested and there was no clicking from the solenoid at all and no re-routing of vac at all to EGR. Also, noy after removing the EVR and attempting to clean it out earlier I am getting a code 84 on the KOEO test that I wasn't getting before. I guess this brings me back to the prior question... Where can I get one? I guess I need to have it for the EGR system to function properly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: update from last night code 33