5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

(not ur usuall)t5 problem, need just some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: (not ur usuall)t5 problem, need just some ideas

well got it out this morning... just kinda played with it and it finally popped out... so were still good i guess

im also really starting to question the quality of the transmission(Astroperformance, stock rebuild)... at first i blamed the extra tq from the nitrous, but im starting to blame the company and quality of the transmission more now...
Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

well got it out this morning... just kinda played with it and it finally popped out... so were still good i guess

im also really starting to question the quality of the transmission(Astroperformance, stock rebuild)... at first i blamed the extra tq from the nitrous, but im starting to blame the company and quality of the transmission more now...
nah its not the torque from the nitrous, plain and simple some get lucky some dont, my buddy sprayed a 175 through his t-5 and it lasted a long time.. just luck of the draw
Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Hopefully it will last untill you get your rebuild kit. Now you chunks of gears in your tranny and eventually every gear is gonna be toast. Good Luck.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

no i dont think it was the nitrous much at all anymore... im more blaiming astroperformance for building a ****ty trans, and/or using a ****ty core for it... im not happy w. their **** at all, and wont buy from them again. i mean i no i got the stock rebuild and all, but ****... i got 6 months tops out of it... prob less then that... and i dont care what chunks of what are floatin around, 4th gear feels like its not even syncro'd any more(i no it is still, but FEELS like it), thats just ****ty product, not having anything to do w. 2nd gears issues.

i ordered the ****in rebuild kit monday, and just called to get a tracking number... ****in they are like o it got sent out yesterday or today... needless to say the dude on the phone didnt like what i had to say... i ordered it ****ing monday at noon, and they sent it thurs or fri? thats some bull ****..

i got a tracking number, so w/e it wants to load up, ill no when to expect it i gues
Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

any way for you to drain the fluid, get some metal pieces out of it, then use a flexible magnet and see if you can get some more metal fragments out of it.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

any way for you to drain the fluid, get some metal pieces out of it, then use a flexible magnet and see if you can get some more metal fragments out of it.

you mean drop the pan? I would assume that would work... but I dont know much about manual transmissons, or transmissions in general.... other than my stangs stock rubber trans mount is the consistency of play-doh.....

good luck dimebag, too bad you cant drive the mullet-mobile
Old 08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea prolly can... im just not worried that much about it... if ima do that i might as well drop the trans yano.... its not like its hard
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I noticed I was late on an answer for you, I just thought that might be an idea for you to make the car drivable for a few more days.

Shelty, t-5's and other manual trannies do not have pans and filters, just two plugs, one for a drain and one to fill it with.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i didnt even see sheltys post, lol my bad, yea theres just a drain and fill hole... i could easily drop it... pull the tailshaft, and pop the cover and take out the metal pieces... but is it really worth all that... no no its not
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

better go get a bicycle and ride it to work

Quick Reply: (not ur usuall)t5 problem, need just some ideas