5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

This is a longshot, but any guys here familiar with CBAZA?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: This is a longshot, but any guys here familiar with CBAZA?

I assume gas milage will be better at WOT NOW??!! iT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE. did it affect any drivability issues or cure any or no change noticed except possibly at the fuel pump??? Sorry for all the questions but I'm about to go with a PMS or tweecer or possibly another system.....I just want to steer away from preprogrammed chips as I want more control over my tuneability and a/f mixture at all ranges. I've spent alot of time researching the options and how user friendly the programs are......comprehending what's going on won't be an issue just interpretation of the numerous and correct data tables is what I'm farmilirizing myself with right now. Thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 PM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

all that non sense to run high 12s! my 331 5.0 is slapped together 24lb injectors and an 80mm and still smashing 12s!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Oh without a tune "stocksuspension" I'm running low low 12's and a few 11.90's and it's not really non-sense if you understand it......expecially if you have a boosted application it really give you complete contol to tune your motor to a "safe zone" should we say.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

It will save a little fuel in Open Loop at WOT due to it not being as rich. As far as driveability, it didn't alter any of hat because that is all handled in Closed Loop. I have my closed loop tuned pretty well. The only problem I had recently was a vacuum leak that I had some trouble tracking down. But in the end I traced every hose back and used some propane) and I was able to find the leak. Problem solved
Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stocksuspension

all that non sense to run high 12s! my 331 5.0 is slapped together 24lb injectors and an 80mm and still smashing 12s!
Who is running high 12's? I've been mid 11s for awhile. And thats on street tires, no slicks or drag radials. That's also not including my new spacer, new headers, new blow through MAF, and new second stage of nitrous that will let me spray off the line.)

You can't really call it nonsense. That "nonsense" allows me to run 10 PSI plus a 50HP kick followed by a 110 hp kick in the *** from nitrous... all on a stock block with hyper pistons and no forged internals.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Just one more quick question samseed then off to bed for me.........when you shhot the juice at the track do you have a special tune to slightly enrich the mixture or is there a part of the program that does that??
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

Just one more quick question samseed then off to bed for me.........when you shhot the juice at the track do you have a special tune to slightly enrich the mixture or is there a part of the program that does that??
Well I've never been to the track with the new dry stage installed. My original setup was a single wet kit, so it would supply it's own fuel via a seperate solenoid which had a fuel like that ran to an adapter on the test port / schrader valve on the fuel rail. So it was never an issue.

As far as the dry stage, I used a different approach there. I positioned the nozle about 18 or so inches from the MAF. When i spray it, it sprays through the MAF. This causes the wires to get colder. And when tehy get colder, they think that it is because more air is flowing in. So in return, it adds more fuel through the injectors to compensate for the extra air that it thinks is coming in. That extra fuel will then offset the nitrous that enters the cylinders. This works great because it is such a small shot.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

However, if you wanted to use a dry kit and wanted a seperate tune, all you would have to do is adjust te MAF Transfer function and make the entire curve richer. It would be pig rich while you're staging, but as soon as you sprayed, it would balance out. That's another easy method, if you are able to change tunes on the fly.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 PM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

dont get me wrong! we have an lm1 with wide band on our heavily boosted race car. but thats alittle too much maitenance for a street car. it seems ur knocking down ur tune to be pretty presice but in baro changes/climate changes it could possibly cause preignition. i mean its coo wat u doin i aint hatin on that, im just saying i personally
get burned out from working/programing cars. once i lock my toolbox thats it!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

thanks for all the input!!! I firmly believe there is always more than one way to do something and it's interesting to learn what and how well all the different combos and ideas work for everyone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is a longshot, but any guys here familiar with CBAZA?