5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Nex wet nitrous install help pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Default Nex wet nitrous install help pics

OK, I have mounted the bottle, ran the line to the engine bay, tapped the power pipe and threaded in the sprayer. the nex item i assume is to mount the nex brain box and start hooking up the lines? The main quesstion is we do I hook the gas line to? Is that dumb ?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:14 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Nex wet nitrous install help

It it an NX or a Zex? You seem to have combined two different brands

To answer your question, most people hook it up to the fuel test port. If you look at your fuel rail on your passenger side, you'll see something that looks like a valve stem for a tire or something. That's your schrader valve. Remove that valve and replace it with a 4AN to 1/16" NPT fuel rail adapter. You can buy one here for $10. Then you hook the line up to that.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Opps, your right Zex...Long day in the office...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:28 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

That is what I initially thought and I believe the ZEX kit comes with that fitting. Do you have a close up shot of the valve on the fuel rail?

[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:42 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

his is different than yours... simply unscrew the schrader valve, install the adapter, screw on the 90° fitting, anf run the fuel line..

its not hard.... its all outlined in the instructions.... you did read them... didnt you?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

no everyone is as smart as u adder they dont need to readcus they are like u...oh so smart and like 16y/0???
ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

his is different than yours... simply unscrew the schrader valve, install the adapter, screw on the 90° fitting, anf run the fuel line..

its not hard.... its all outlined in the instructions.... you did read them... didnt you?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:21 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

no everyone is as smart as u adder they dont need to readcus they are like u...oh so smart and like 16y/0???

I know there is an insult in there somewhere... but I cant really read that.... you have the grammar of an inbred hick!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

look on the right side (pass) under the hood

on the fuel rail , there is what looks like a tire valve to the left of the dizzy

you need to back up the lower part, and remove the upper....fuel will spray a little, you can bleed it down by unplugging the inertia switch in the trunk and start the car to relieve a bunch of FP

then use the npt to -an adapter
Old 08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

look on the right side (pass) under the hood

on the fuel rail , there is what looks like a tire valve to the left of the dizzy

you need to back up the lower part, and remove the upper....fuel will spray a little, you can bleed it down by unplugging the inertia switch in the trunk and start the car to relieve a bunch of FP

then use the npt to -an adapter
NB, Here is the deal, look at my throttle body and see if you can see the fuel hose going to it's block? I think that hose is already connected to the schrader valve? Do I use the T fitting and tap into this line?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:43 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

yeah but atleast im old enough to smoke, drink and Know better, and spend more time working on cars then i do talking crap on the internet, so that probably means i know more than you rather than how to type which does what for fixing cars????if you spent half your time flaming working on your car you might actually learn something and not **** off everyone you speak to on here. and what is mk2 isnt that some kinda import?? and what are you certifide in? ase certifide parts advisor???anyways it means nothing to me. im just really sick of you and your stupid remarks, and you always jumping the gun and giving faulty advice because you cant read an entire post. so if you dont like it too bad, im going to check you everytime i see a stupid post by you. sorry to steal the thread everyone but little kids need to learn manners and respect for the rest of the adults on this forum

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

I know there is an insult in there somewhere... but I cant really read that.... you have the grammar of an inbred hick!