5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: PLEASE HELP

lol. connecting the battery is. the car will start without 02's hooked up. so i would check to make sure but its no big deal at the moment if they arent.

what i think has happened is your muffler bearings are shot. they must have broken before you installed your new mufflers.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
URLOSEN

i checked the wire for the stater and its all hooked up, so i will try and unhook the battery, and i was not near the trunk, but tell me what you think anyways jsut in case, thnaks
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

what the hell are all of you talking about? he said the motor wont turn over. reseting the computer wont fix that. you might have disconnected the neutral safety switch. check the starter relay as well
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
URLOSEN

how do you fix a neautral safety switch, or can you? or do you just have to replace it, and i will check the starter relay
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
URLOSEN

ha ha ha muffler bearing, or maybe its my headlight fluid, or my shifter-lifter is sticking, i thought about it and maybe its the Canougten-Valve
Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

check your relay when you turn the key put a finger on it you sould feel a click if you dont feel the click turn your key to on and jump the relay with a screwdriver if it turns over then take a test light to the small wire on the relay if this lights up when key is at startthen your relays messed up or bad ground if there is no light then check you saftey switches with your test light. remember a test light is your best friend and fords have bad grounds its always been that way and always will be
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: URLOSEN

ha ha ha muffler bearing, or maybe its my headlight fluid, or my shifter-lifter is sticking, i thought about it and maybe its the Canougten-Valve
its blinker fluid moron, see: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...;products_id=6

and i bet he could fix this if he really got one of these, i really need one of these for my car: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=20
Old 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Good sh8t guys! O2 sensors making the car not turn over??? Don't you guys read the post before you reply????? Check your battery connections and the wire that runs to the starter. Make sure the connection is solid on the starter. Also, check your shift linkage and NSS on the trans to make sure they are ok.(this only applys if you are AOD)