5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nitrous guys... little help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous guys... little help

lol sounds good man... im all for it... i just gotta get a fuel pump 1st... so like in a week or two well talk.

i just got back home, had to go dwn the street to the grls house to get my paycheck she got from work for me... and figured id make a few more runs up my street

i set the window from 2k-6500 and only went wot from 3-6 k... 1st thru 3rd... it sprayed nice and all, but was cutting in and out, which im not sure what that is... im gonna check all connections, my wot switch and grounds...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Dooo eeeeettt [:@]
Old 08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

You've got such a shady kit. That's probably part of the problem.

The factory rev limiter is 6250. You want the nitrous off BEFORE you hit the factory rev limiter. Lower the top of the window switch to 6200 or below. Aftermarket boxes skip spark. The stock rev limiter pulls fuel. That's BAD on nitrous cars. You miss a gear, you grab a broom and dustpan.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto
The factory rev limiter is 6250. You want the nitrous off BEFORE you hit the factory rev limiter. Lower the top of the window switch to 6200 or below. Aftermarket boxes skip spark. The stock rev limiter pulls fuel. That's BAD on nitrous cars. You miss a gear, you grab a broom and dustpan.
BTW, this is Nitrous 101 for all you 5.0 guys. Learn it now. Never chip your MSD box or window switch above the factory rev limiter.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

BTW, this is Nitrous 101 for all you 5.0 guys. Learn it now. Never chip your MSD box or window switch above the factory rev limiter.
Thanks fullauto, the more I read about nitrous, the more I want it, just can't afford it right now..
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

o believe me its not staying like that at all... only reason for that change was the one run... so that it wouldnt cut out... i was shifting at 5000-5500 when i did that, and wasnt WOT untill 3k... i was very careful about it... and it is NOT staying like that... its already set at 2800 and 6000 again...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman
Thanks fullauto, the more I read about nitrous, the more I want it, just can't afford it right now..
$519 shipped for this kit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku
Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

full auto... let me go run the car friday night, after moving the nozzle and going w. that 55 jet you suggested... and ill pm you fri or saturday and see whats up w. that offer... high chance that i will take you up on that... very high chance.... now dammit... get back to pm'ing me and explain ur 11 idea, lol

thanks alot dude, ur helping alot
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

pm me your adress and ill mail you the 190lph pump i just put in/took out of mine. ran it for 2 weeks. FREEBEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.................. ..........................
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

well small update... i got outa class early today and instead of working like i should have i just went home and messed w. the nitrous.

got my guage hooked up
swaped the nitrous jet to a 55
and moved the nozzle to a half inch or less away from the tb

made some test runs.... and im happy with it

bottle was at 900psi
sprayed 1st -4th... 1st i had some traction issues, which was kinda nice, lol and the rest of them felt much better.

all im left with is, i still have a small delay btwn gears... is there any reason for this? like i shift, go back to WOT, slight hesitation and then it sprays again... msd is set at 2800-6100 if that matters and i am shifting at 5500.

well the track either tomorrow or friday night will tell for sure... but i can tell that it is faster then before which is a good thing

on a side note... im selling my camaro(88 iroc) and am going to throw a good grand into the mustang... gears, sd friendly cam, lower control arms, and nitrous ****... im looking at plate kits(fullauto, if u see this, lets talk, i wanna learn a little more about them) or just upgrading to a better kit all together, hell maybe even a two stage set up... originally i got nitrous to keep me occupied while i save for an s/c... but now its looking like im gonna just go all out on the nitrous, and keep it that way... being my DD i like my n/a low 14s for drivin everywhere and to school and such... but i want low 12s/high 11s...

Quick Reply: nitrous guys... little help