5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

lets see if i get a response this time...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:22 PM
chas85

Default lets see if i get a response this time...

i just bought an 85 5.0 (carburated). every performance related parti look up is geared towards the almighty "fuel injected". what kind of horsepower can i get out of the stock block and is there anyway to tell if it's an HO (high output)? since it's carburated?andshould i convert to fuel injected or stick with carburated? i personally don't care which kind it is, i just want to build up some horsepower. i ripped off the headers and found out i have two burned intake flaps so i have to take it to napa to get it fixed asap. but other than that it runs fine. any suggestions? please help, i would like some responses this time.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: lets see if i get a response this time...

well see thats your problem. your a punk.

do some more reading. there are plenty of parts.
you obviously don't know anything.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
RanDJ8487
2nd Gear Member

yeaaaahhh u kinda have to know how to talk to people on here..... Gosh you better hope Adder doesn't see this, unless you want to repair your car and your *** after he tears into it.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

let adder rip into him.... thats still not going to help him.
he did not know, that was his second post/ response. thats not the way to welcome a new 5.0 owner. hes prolly not a "punk" like mr. mattdel says he is (im sure he knows him though)

let me start by saying congrats on your buy. the carburated cars have many upgrades available. im not sure exactly which ones but i know of a few people who have carburated 302s that run mid 12s. im not the person to ask about that though.

you can find out the firing order of your car buy googling "mustang firing order non- HO" or something like that. the HO has a 1,3 something somthing order where as the NON HO has a 1,5 somthing somthing order. you have to follow your spark plug wires to each cylender starting at the number one wire. my advice is to get a 20 dollar haynes manual at auto zone and go from there. it will tell you how to do most work and how to find most of the info on you ride. its a fairly good book.

carburated is difficult to tune (so ive heard) if ;you dont know what your doing. the internet and how-to books are the best. go to borders or barnes and noble, i have spent hours reading books on things like that.

ps. mattdel, your right! it does not look like he does know anything! THATS WHY HE IS ASKING!! if you cant help quit posting! its people like you that make people hate mustang owners

pps. ranDJ- adder is a big boy, he can speak for him self. he will find out that adder can be brutally honest if the OP decides to stay on this forum, thanks guys for your input, its been a benifit to have you on this fourm.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Stick with the carb. I have owned several of both. The carb is easier to tune, they are not near as touchy as the EFI.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

lol.. i'm sure its people like ME that make people HATE mustang owners.

or it could be the thousands of demolished stangs driven by people that know nothing about cars, can barely drive cars, and think they are superman.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

lol.. i'm sure its people like ME that make people HATE mustang owners.

or it could be the thousands of demolished stangs driven by people that know nothing about cars, can barely drive cars, and think they are superman.

So YOU are the reason the chevy drivers hate us. I always thought it was because our cars superior.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

your damn sure not helping... the mustang rep or this post!

anyways, i stand corrected about the tuning of carburated cars, i had one source tell me that. i have only delt with EFI
i have heard many people switch to carb from EFI
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Pics of the intake flaps?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

this is the tech section.

people come here for info to fix/mod things

we shouldn't have to compile a shopping list for him. summit's website has everything he could ever dream of. it's really not that hard.

Quick Reply: lets see if i get a response this time...