Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

Default World Products SB-Ford Windsor Jr Cast Iron Heads

are these heads any good or are they just a a stock replacement with no performance?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
cougarfan088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang
Default RE: World Products SB-Ford Windsor Jr Cast Iron Heads

no they are decent cast iron heads that have bigger valves than stock e7's and gt-40's...they are a step above gt-40's expecially if they have 2.02 valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 67 Mustang Coupe

The flow numbers vs the port size I've seen is poor. There are better heads out there, you get what you pay for.

Untested 331, lots of suspension, chewing up corners.
67mustang302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
Old_Smokey
2nd Gear Member

We just installed these on my friends bronco and we have had nothing but problems. They didnt use the correct pattern on the head so the power steering and alternator brackets did not bolt in correctly. nor did they drill the right size holes so we need to retap everything. We called them up and they said tough ****. worse C/S ever!

LI Stangs
Old_Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
88scgt
2nd Gear Member

i have a set of the senior heads and they flow great. i have had no problems out of them at all. the flow well enough to make 550rwhp through a c4. must flow pretty good imo
Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 77 II, 06 GT
Send a message via AIM to my77stang Send a message via MSN to my77stang Send a message via Yahoo to my77stang

they certainly are better heads than early 351w's or GT40 flavors, but they are also an older aftermarket design which means they are not as good as alot of the other heads on the market nowadays.

i wouldnt buy them new, but i would use them if i came across a good deal on a set
Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
hillbilly pony
3rd Gear Member

I got a set of windsor sr's on my 347 and they are monsters. If your not worried about weight and the prestige or aluminum heads then hell yea go for it if there a good deal.
1987 GT. 13.7:1 408 with TW "R" heads, Probe SRS Flat Tops, custom pro systems 950 carb. .671/671 comp cam. Rollerized C4 w/brake 4800 stall, Strange 31 splines w/spool. 10 point cage, Subframes, 4Cyl springs and 90/10's, 50/50's and lakewood uppers/lowers. 325/50/15's
hillbilly pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 65 Mercury Comet
Send a message via AIM to Decurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang302 View Post
The flow numbers vs the port size I've seen is poor. There are better heads out there, you get what you pay for.
Ill dredge up an old thread here, since I have a set of these heads Im thinking about porting. What 67mustang302 said is about the same conclusiong Ive come to about these heads, but it seems like most people that have them say theyre good heads. While the relocated spark plug angle is a pain in the *** to get headers that fit, the latest version of ford 302 heads (gt40P) has the plug moved even more, so World Products/Roush must have been onto something. Plus, I like the heart shaped combustion chamber they have, as it seems like it should be pretty efficient. The 180cc intake runners that cant even flow as much as most 170cc heads out now obviously leaves a lot to be desired. The flow at low valve lift is terrible. My question is: does anyone have enough experience to say where the ports need work, intake and exhaust? I dont like the thought of haphazard grinding. I know there are much better heads out there for cheap, but these are free, and if I can make them work, I dont have a problem putting time into them. I guess my second question is: would these be too much for a 306 running 10:1, trick flow stage 1 cam, performer RPM air gap, 2500 stall, c4, 3.55 gear, 3200lb car?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1985 LX Coupe

My opinion is thay they are a decent head. I especially like them in engines that will rack up a lot of miles. Never had a problem with them. Just cleaning up the bowl area seems to really wake them up. It's easy to make 450 hp without anything exotic running on pump gas with excellant street manners.

1985 LX Coupe, 347/581hp N/A TCI C6 Currie 9 inch 4:10s 2577 pounds. Do the math
Portmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmaster View Post
My opinion is thay they are a decent head. I especially like them in engines that will rack up a lot of miles. Never had a problem with them. Just cleaning up the bowl area seems to really wake them up. It's easy to make 450 hp without anything exotic running on pump gas with excellant street manners.
What about the millions of engines with aluminum heads rolling off the assembly line daily? What about repairability? They are a fair head at best. They were GREAT in 1994
woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
200, 347, flow, ford, gt40, heads, iron, numbers, ported, products, roush, sb, senior, sr, windsor, world