5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Nitrous help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Nitrous help?

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

theres nothing wrong w/ zex, i won't buy another one, but nothing wrong w/ those kits.

they are easy and cheap, i just like to be able to get to my selonoids and nitrous reg.
so is the local hooker standing on the streetcorner...i dont see people running out to them,or recomending them.

cheap is one word that should never be described when dealing with nitrous,and looking at there kit prices...they run the same on average as every other kit.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
cgarray17
2nd Gear Member

So do you think this is a good kit to start with, im planing on geting this in the next few months then i was going to get a vortech SC next year sometime when i had the money and after i get a TKO 500.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
cgarray17
2nd Gear Member

Sorry forgot the link hear it is..
http://www.mustangunlimited.com/item...p;CatKey=74-01
Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

http://www.mustangunlimited.com/item...p;CatKey=74-01

thats my recomendation.

cheaper,more adjustability...and lifetime warranty on the solenoids,theres a reason why NX is #1 right now!

they also rate there numbers @ THE WHEELS,every other mfg rates at the flywheel.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

lightning ???? can you read ?

what part of this sounds like a recomendation ????

"i won't buy another one"

your so hellbent on bashing something you have no experience w/ your blind to reality.

that 5115 dry kit is also adj from 35-150, w/ a booster pump it can go to 200 so why is the NX better ?

a wet nozzle spraying thru the tb is not a good idea in any way at all.

cgarrey17...that is the kit i like , all dry kits that spike from vacuum are copycats of this kit. it's been around for more than 20 years. the dry kits you wanna stay away from are the ones that spike fuel by freezing the maf. there aren't that many but it's not a good way to do it

Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
cgarray17
2nd Gear Member

Look good thanks, so does everyone else think that is a good kit for me to start with?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

and for the record...it IS an adjustable kit

it just doesn't have the all the jets.....if you reverse the jets it is 150

it will be a .042" and a .067" in the kit.

and if you squirt 125 or more you need to shim the reg w/ a washer

so for an additional $5 per needed jet, and $.25 for a washer it is completely adjustable
Old 02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cgarray17

Look good thanks, so does everyone else think that is a good kit for me to start with?
look,your gonna get conflicting advice either way,its up to you to decide whats right for you.

personally,id stick with NX,jsut because of there quality and warranty.

whatever kit you go with,take your time when you install it,pay attention to the small details.

get a window kit if your car is auto or manual...most people only get one for a manual car,but you never know when your automatic is going to fry and slip and bang off the rev limiter....spend the 100 bucks and get one!

make sure you have a fuel pressure safety switch,and a fuel pressure gauge...keep an eye on the fuel pressure while spraying...make sure there isnt a huge drop in fuel pressure{which would indicate your fuel system isnt capable of supporting the HP your making}

start small on the jets,and work your way up.

leave timing stock for up too 100 shot,and pull 2 degrees every 50 hp you add,dont get stupid with it...respect it,and your car will be fine and live a long life,only spray above 3k rpms,and while WOT...and you'll be fine

if you ever step up into larger shots,you'll have to play around with colder plugs...but for what you seem to want..youll be fine,it also wouldnt hurt to invest in a quality MSD or comperable ignition setup.

its the idiots out there who blow there cars up,then bitch that nitrous is bad
Old 02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

lightning ???? can you read ?

what part of this sounds like a recomendation ????

"i won't buy another one"

your so hellbent on bashing something you have no experience w/ your blind to reality.

that 5115 dry kit is also adj from 35-150, w/ a booster pump it can go to 200 so why is the NX better ?

a wet nozzle spraying thru the tb is not a good idea in any way at all.

cgarrey17...that is the kit i like , all dry kits that spike from vacuum are copycats of this kit. it's been around for more than 20 years. the dry kits you wanna stay away from are the ones that spike fuel by freezing the maf. there aren't that many but it's not a good way to do it

im bashing something i have no experience with? lmao...good one.

i was a licensed dealer for ZEX and after so many issues with there junk,i refused to sell there JUNK.

as i said before,ive had pretty much any kinda kit there is out there...i know what i like,and what works.

a wet nozzle is a bad idea huh?funny considering most EFI wet kits,save for plates...are all nozzles.
i had a dual stage nx efi kit on my mustang...2 nozzles before the TB...sprayed 275 hp...not a single issue ever,except for some scraped up tailpipes.

you also say stay away from the kits that freeze the TB...? yet one of the best selling stealth ls1 kits...does that very same thing? odd. the nos 5177{installed countless ones on customer cars} is a very nice kit,and while im not fond of dry kits...it works remarkably well,the same idea wont work on ford maf's,but still points made.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

well now i can agree w/ all of that

i'm not big on window switches personally, but they are cheap insurance.

Quick Reply: Nitrous help?