5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I HATE EMISSIONS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
fastford95
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I HATE EMISSIONS

i live in wisconson we dont have to do emissions and we dont have to have insurance.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

That's it, I'm moving to Wisconsin. I bet I could get a delivery job even though I have A DUI and reckless driving on my record Just sounds like the place to be.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
1989convertible
1st Gear Member

you can't use a diff car to tke the test they use the vin of the test car and they dont think they give stickers anymore its all sent straight to dmv.i have 10days to take the test,if i could find a stock pipe i would use it,every 2 yrs.you cant re register your car with out a pass here, it sucks!!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
black85gt

Im from CT too and i have to go through by the 28th. I failed last time and I know i'll fail again this time so i need to find a place that will help me get past emissions one last time.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
1989convertible
1st Gear Member

all us ct guys need to goin on a catted pipe together and swap from car to car!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
1989convertible
1st Gear Member

i ordered a bbk1662 catted x-pipe last friday fed ex says it will be delivered on monday,ill use it then remove it and you guys can rent it from me??
Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
1992lx5.0
1st Gear Member

i passed emissions with no cats in ct....i have an off road x pipe, flowmaster american thunder mufflers, bbk 1-5/8 primary headers, 306 with an f cam, 24lb injectors 75mm tb, 80mm mass air, afr heads, gt40 upper and a massly ported gt40 lower,

I put in 87 about 1/4 tank 4 bottles dry gas, drove it around for about 1/2 hr, went to the test and passed better than some with stock motors....
Old 03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
moterhead
1st Gear Member

As I've posted before, different areas do their inspecitions in different ways. The inspection program here is run by a contractor under contract to the county. Every inspection is monitored on a video camera by a supervisor. No one I know has ever been able to cheat or bribe and get a pass. Also, as I've posted, the first thing checked is for the presence of cats. If you don't have cats, you flunk. PERIOD! They don't go any further with the test if no cats. Next they start your car. If your CEL is on, you flunk, PERIOD! After that they either hook up the OBD lead or run the sniffer test. BTW, the sniffer test for cars with dual exhausts is TWO probes that read separetly. Ya'll really need to post your location on your profile.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

In CT, your first run is a freebie. If you fail, then you get more time to fix and run again for free. I just tell everyone to run their first test and see what happens. I think the only catch is that it has to be at the same location. I have a friend who knows a guy in Thomaston that has passed one for me before. He owns his own shop, and is registered with the CT DMV as a Legit emmissions facility. We had to run another car on the dyno and use the Stang VIN. We did this fine once before. I just threw him some extra cash. The only problem now is that you have to make your dyno run before 5 pm and get it locked into the computer. (this is the only reason why my T-bird is still on the road. They kind of do a half @ss inspection when they emmissions test a car. My service light was on, my windshield wipers stuck up and don't work, and the temp gauge wasnt reading at all. But luckily I got there at 4:50 pm and when the guy called AGBAR to see if they would fail my car, no one answered so he just ran it, and it passed, and I never had to worry about it again.) It makes it a lot more noticeable when you're doing illegal **** during the middle of a work day though. I can talk to my friend and see if he can get that guy to run a few tests for some extra cash. If not, then I'm sure we'll figure out something. I'm thinking 2 junkyard Cats connecte but welded in separate tubes, some flex pipe and a couple exhaust clamps. Just get the welded pipe relatively close, and the flex will compensate for the rest. And there you go, you have a homemade one time re-usable emmission cheat tool. There is no law in CT about the quality of an exhaust. Besides, I will help anyone if they really need it, we're not too far away from each other. There is no need to have anyones stang taken off the road. Especially not right before summer.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM
neidert

I'm lucky. I still have no stock H-pipe. Just bolt that on every 2 years nothing gets through that restricted pipe. Then just switch back to the off-road X-pipe.

Quick Reply: I HATE EMISSIONS