5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

factory freaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:59 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Default RE: factory freaks

Was his car stock? As far as i know they're about as fast as our cars stock, maybe a bit faster.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

they are quiet a bit faster, i raced my friends '03 wrx and got spanked.

by 90 he had atleast 6 cars on me [:@]

I'd go heads cam an intake. there isn't much of a benifit supercharging a stock motor when you cant run very much boost.

i'd build it, then think about supercharging it, but thats just my personal opinion i guess.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

I do believe in factory freaks. I think some 5.0s pull a little harder than others...stock. I've read that some dealers were beating up on brand new 5.0s when they got them in their showrooms, and noticed that, clearly, some were faster than others. I drove three comparable foxes before buying mine, and mine was the fastest of the three...by a lot...and one had 3:73 gears versus my 2:73s at the time. I've also heard others say that, stock, these cars made 180-200 to the wheels. Iftrue, that's quite a variance.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
gtordie
I ♥ Acer

cool well do you guys have any sugestions for the cams and intakes to put on it...

i think it has headers on it because it has a custom exhause... magnaflow... it also has cold air intake but that is all... so any sugestions are welcome...
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Alero99
3rd Gear Member

Budget HCI

GT-40 Iron Cam
Ford Alpabet Cam
Explorer Intake

Best HCI out there
Research Canfield Heads, AFR Heads, TrickFlow Heads, Crower Cams, Lunati Cams, Comp Cams, Holley Systemax Intake, Trick Flow Intake, EdelBrock Intakes ect ect...
Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
apedosmil
1st Gear Member

Their is no way a pretty much stock mustang can beat a pretty much stock wrx. Majority of wrxs have work done to them on the road like those little **** cans out the back but the reason why you get ripped is AWD. Off the line and in the long run that new technology is what is killing you even if the HP is in the same range. When I want to rip WRXs I call up my buddy who has a turbo lancer evoMR and roll with him.Get a H/C/I swap going and push almost to 300hp, then blow it[8D]. Now thats a mustang!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

You have to be the first person ive ever known that said there car is a factory slow freak, usually everyone thinks there car is magically faster than all the other ones.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Personally, I think factory freaks are a common myth. There might be slight variances from car to car but nothing drastic to make one blow the other away. When comparing two models of the same car how they perform on the dyno or the track you have to consider the following:

-Where is the car located? Hot humid climate, colder climate, high or low altitude, etc.
-What dyno is it? No two dynos are exactly alike
-What track is it? How is the track prep? Is it a slow or fast track? who's driving it?
-How have the cars been maintained? Does one need a tune up over the other?

There are a bunch of different variables that will affect the performance of a car. I believe that these help determine what is called a "factory freak".
Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

I do not believe in factory freaks.

There are differences in break-in, weight, lifetime condition, state of tune, driver, etc. between all the different cars.

Off the showroom, I see no difference than more than 5 rwhp difference between the two.

I have also known some people to say there car was a factory freak, only to tear down the engine and find there was work done.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

your prob is you have a stock 94 mustang= slow and a boosted wrx = runs 14's easy..build your up to keep up

Quick Reply: factory freaks