5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

THATS THE LAST STRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Default THATS THE LAST STRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!

im a little heated right now.[:@]

i posted a thread about me and a "buddy" racing, him in a 08 STOCK WRX, and my 5.0.
(https://mustangforums.com/m_4823374/tm.htm)

well, now hes talking all kinda bull **** how be beat me by 3-5car?!?!?!

i described in the thread that when i DIDENT PRE STAGE THE CAR, NO REVING, the car was f-ing idling when we beeped 3times and i stomped it.

the reson, becase i have a stock stall converter, and i can only rev to about 1k rpm, any higher, and it breaks the tires lose, and does a nice burnout!

so he pulled on me pretty good in the first race, but not no damn 3-5cars!

the second race i reved to 1krpm, and we where DEAD EVEN until shifting into second where he droped back 2 cars, then further, he said (becase when he shifted, it lit the tires up!

NOW, im a grown man, i can take **** talking, but for someone to rag on my car, no no no, to rag on ALL mustangs like this!?
he sent me a msg telling me he beat a brand new mustang GT, so my car isent worth his gas!!!!!

i know this is him just pounding his chest over his new car, but i can imagine with how hes acting now, hes never going to let me live it down.

so i need more.

im not sure whitch route to go, as i dont have alot of money, im saving for head's in august, but i wanted to know if theres something else i could do

my mods

MY 1989 FORD MUSTANG LX VERT AOD5.0 MODIFICATIONS SO FAR 4.10's, professional products typhoon intake, 70mm bbk throttle body, and spacer, stock mass air sensor, bbk cold air intake, stock headers, BBK offroad (no cat's) H pipe, midpipe back flowmasters, light weight pulleys, 3point strut bar on towers and firewall, aftermarket aluminum radiator, shift kit, and "internal work" said this one shop that clamed they did $2000 in work to the AOD tranny, prob just a rebuild as it has no aftermarket stall, just a shift kit. weld racing drag light weight wheels, bf goodrich radial t/a's rubber. and im sure im forgetting a few things

if i could have launched my car at higher rpms, i would have beat him, that is CLEAR.

but i dont know much about automatics and how to do this.

if i had more power, i would have stomped him, this is clear also.

so what im asking for is some "cheap mods" i can only spend about $500(maybe more if its something that would really make a difference), becase im saving to move into a new place.
after i move i will have about $2000 to put tword heads.

any help at all would be great.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 AM
sultan68
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: THATS THE LAST DRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!

get tires that dont spin so easily
Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Ridinsidewayz
1st Gear Member

I got three letters for ya NOS thats about the only thing that is gonna make that big of a difference for around 500 bucks. You might also consider a stall that would make a huge difference. maybe even some drag radials out back for a better launch. You know most races are determined by the first 80 feet. You said you can onlyrev to 1000rpm before launching. I have a supercharged 5.0 and I have no stall so I just step on the brake rev it to about 2000 just before launch and punch it. If I don't get good tracktion it will just fry the tires but with a little practice I've just about mastered it.Try that a few times see if it works for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

so the tires spinning at 1200-1500k rpmjust means the tires suck? (remember, i have 4.10s)

they only spin a tiny bit when taking off, but when i get on the highway if i let the car sift mid turn, the rear end will kick out pretty hard from the shift kit.

lol, the ****ty tires make sence, if i could rev to 2500 rpm, and launch, it would be a hole different story.

what kinda tires have a tall side wall like mine?

i really like the fat tire look.

the tires being streetable isent as important, as i only drive the car in good wheather.
micky tompson street tires maybe?

i dont want to spend ALOT of money if the tires dont last long ether
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Ridinsidewayz
1st Gear Member

Hell yes the mickey's dot slicks I've heard are a huge improvment over regular street tires. A little tire spin off the line is ok but too much slows you down for sure.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Drag radials would help. Just let him talk all the **** he wants till youget the money to build up your engine then rape his ***.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
uhohthe50
1st Gear Member

+1 towards some drag radials. Get the MT's
Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

Drag radials would help. Just let him talk all the **** he wants till youget the money to build up your engine then rape his ***.
tires make sence, and considering ill NEED tires when i get heads (i might stroke it too if i have the extra cash)
so tires now would help out in the long run.

these tires arnt done yet...... but there close to it...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
apedosmil
1st Gear Member

Tires are your best bet all that bolt on stuff really doesnt give you good results until you swap a new top end in, the top end on the 5.0 mustangs are so restrictive. For now radials are your best bet and if you really want to get by and just smoke him put a small shot in it probably like a 50-100.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

nitrous will do it for ya, untill you get some different heads.

Quick Reply: THATS THE LAST STRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!