5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Will installing 24 pound injectors help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default Will installing 24 pound injectors help

I have an opportunity to get a set of 24 pound injectors and a matching mass air unit for my car for free. I am currently sd and I have everything for the conversion, will I notice any gains or anyhting at all by doing the conversion and using the 24 lb injectors? I plan on a hci and a supercharger in the future so I will have to do it eventually, the maf that is.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
apedosmil
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Will installing 24 pound injectors help

Its not really worth it when you HCI swap and blow it I suggest getting a 90mm lightning MAF and a much bigger size injector. I don't thinkyou will really notice a difference, the only actual difference you can feel in a stock car with the stock heads and intake is 3.73s which you already have. I think it will just smell richer.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Your not going to gain any power just by jumping up to a larger injector (unless you're fuel limited, which you aren't). If you were planning on only doing a HCI in the future I would say go for it since your getting them for free and they would only help you in the future. Since your adding a supercharger to the mix though, 24lbs is going to be way too small to supply your setup the fuel it needs and you'll be swapping them for something bigger again anyway.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

The supercharger will be at least a year to 2 years down the road.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

get them for free...then turn around and sell them on ebay thats what i would do, then you are that much closer to your final goal of supercharging you car
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: apedosmil

Its not really worth it when you HCI swap and blow it I suggest getting a 90mm lightning MAF and a much bigger size injector. I don't thinkyou will really notice a difference, the only actual difference you can feel in a stock car with the stock heads and intake is 3.73s which you already have. I think it will just smell richer.
and run like shyt...^^^^now that would be a total waste 90mm maf and larger injectors on a fairly stock motor....you wanna swim in a puddle of fuel be my guest......no such thing as just smell richer..if it smeels richer that's because it is richer.......anyway if you want the 24's for now it won't help you in the power department..add a set of heads and cam and decent intake to where you'd need larger injectors..24's are good for a good h/c/i but when you throw boost on top of the h/c/i you'll need at least 30lb'ers and maybe then some depending on desired level of boost
Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

ORIGINAL: apedosmil

and run like shyt...^^^^now that would be a total waste 90mm maf and larger injectors on a fairly stock motor....you wanna swim in a puddle of fuel be my guest......no such thing as just smell richer..if it smeels richer that's because it is richer.......anyway if you want the 24's for now it won't help you in the power department..add a set of heads and cam and decent intake to where you'd need larger injectors..24's are good for a good h/c/i but when you throw boost on top of the h/c/i you'll need at least 30lb'ers and maybe then some depending on desired level of boost
Cool you read my mind, I plan to get the injectors, maf and I have the ecu and harness, get it put together just before I do the hci so that I can make sure it is running properly and thata way I can go with a bigger cam with some better lobe seperation if I use the mass air set up. That is my current thought process at least.