5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Help . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help . . .

Here's another shot of the wires (ignore the red wire with the blue crimp ring on it - these pics were originally from a post about how to convert to a mini starter - but the left hand titty of the solenoid is wired properly.)
Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
xfasteddiex

ORIGINAL: mjr46

ORIGINAL: xfasteddiex

IT THINK I WOULD TAKE IT BACK TO PAINT SHOP & have them fix it or get a lawyer & have a free paint job
Do you honestly think all shops are that gullable???......do you know how often I see and hear from a customer trying to pull a fast one hoping you didn't notice another prob on their car when it was in for service!! got one the other day.......changed the oil on the car and afterwards the lady came back and said now here seat won't move when she tries to slide it back or forward..and I didn't even move the seat!! stupid woman had a bunch of kiddie toys under the seat and one was wedged so that it knocked off the retracting wire!! my fault?? I think not....you need to be smacked for saying that above^^^^^^^^
i dont know how changing oil & a seat are related but i do know to do a good paint job doors need to be removedso does any thing on fender wells ie solinoid witch will requier unhooking it i see where the seat was not your fault but i can see several ways that the paint shop could cause problem alot of dissasembly is required for a good paint job at witch any time they could have pulled a wire loose or not wired a solinoid correctly . it is a possibility
Old 04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Toomstone

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]Did you know that if you hook up all of the wiring to the solenoid, but backwards everything will work except for your door locks? [&o]

Thanks for all the help.