5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

92 gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:04 PM
jerms

Default 92 gt

I couldnt have it in high school but she is mine now.buta I got some work to do.I have the factory 4 lug rotors an disc in front drum in back .also there is betr rim selection on five lugs so i need to put on 5 lug and convert the back drums to disc.anyone out there able to offer any advice or tricks of the trade i would appreciate the input.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 92 gt

for the 5-lug conversion looka round this and other mustang sites, also e-bay

but:

1) congrats
2) where the "F" are the pics ?

anyways.... basic rundown for best bang for the buck and free mods/ what you should do right away for starters.

if it somehow still has the silencer..dump it, swap out to full synthetic oil 10w30, change the fuel filter, air filter, set the tps to .990v w/ the key on but engine not running, do the plugs , cap and rotor and wires (try a .045" gap and use stock copper plugs) make sure the throttle blade opens all the way when you step on the gas...not when you turn it by hand...but when someone floors it (car off of course for this) timing to 12* after all that...reset the computer by pulling a batt cable for about 15-20 minutes (i think it only takes 10, but i just go have lunch and come back out)

ok after that... you might notice a diff due to old stuff/ out of adjustment stuff but kinda doubtful for anything to be broken that bad and you don't notice it now

now for the good stuff.....

#1 GEARS !!! hands down the best bang for the buck, i like 4.10's so don't fear the gear, alot of guys will you to go smallelr but if at all possible...drive some and compare 3.73 to 4.10 , 4.10 is the ultimate street fighting gear, after you gear it, you'll need a pair of cheater slicks, mount them on a pair of wheels like you drive on everyday.... it's less noticible to unwary vette drivers

#2 nitrous !! a good tuneup, plus 4.10's and about 80 hp of nitrous can put you in the 12's, at least very low 13's

after that... pretty much start saving up for the heads/cam/intake swap
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM
sem76
1st Gear Member

A little nitrous can go a long way on these cars huh? Eventually I'm going to install 390s and an exhuast with an expipe withhigh flow cats. After that if I put a 100 shot I can reach 12s? I just want to beat my cousin's SRT4 which I can't stand anymore (car) lol.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: jerms

I couldnt have it in high school but she is mine now.buta I got some work to do.I have the factory 4 lug rotors an disc in front drum in back .also there is betr rim selection on five lugs so i need to put on 5 lug and convert the back drums to disc.anyone out there able to offer any advice or tricks of the trade i would appreciate the input.
so what year mustang is it???
Old 04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
manuelm

go here, they have a whole kit of everything you need to convert both front and rear to 5 lug. and it has 31 spline axles vsyour 28. theres way more wheels out there for 5 lug. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

so like wheres the pics new guy with the new stang there is info above if u dont know how.