5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
FST YLW

Default Need help PLEASE!!!!

Ok, so im new here. I have a 93 5.0 and have been having tons of problems. It started smoking a while back just a little. As time went on it has gotten worse, but the really strange thing is that is does not do it all the time. It is whiteish blue like oil smoke but smells like gas and not burning oil. It does not smoke until it reaches warm temp. Also I do have some steam or smoke coming out of the breathers on both valve covers, but it has done this long before it smoked out the exhaust.

Now I know its not in my heads because I have already had them totally redone, new valves,seals, guides and all.

The car will run like there is no tomorrow, so i cant see it being a ring even though that is what it sounds like. At WOT it is not smoking, and only starts as the motor is winding down.

I was told to change the injectors back to stock 19lb and change the oil and that did not seem to help.

Here is what I have on the car:
Trick flow tw heads
1.6 trick flow roller rockers
Trick flow push rod
trick flow stage 1 cam
had 24lb injectors but changed back to 19lb.
trick flow upper and lower intake

ANY help or ideas????
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help PLEASE!!!!

Seepage of oil or coolant could do that from the lower intake.

On the corner coolant bolts(4) use a little rtv in the center of each one, and stud 8 GOES WHERE YOU SEE, IT HAS TO.

Install the intake manifold attaching bolts and tighten, in 3 passes of the sequence:

First tighten to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).

Then tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).

Finally, tighten the bolts to 23-25 ft. lbs. (31-34 Nm).

Next, check your fuel pressure, and O2 sensor Ground Strap on the Driver Side Rear Head.