5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Getting my Mustang delivered today

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
RedRider94

Default Getting my Mustang delivered today

I went and looked at it last night, it's a real clean inside and out 1994 GT just needs a touch of paint on the roof (clear is gone) and a new clutch, it wouldn't even get into gear lol. Some questions I have is there are some aftermarket parts installed like exhaust headers, exhaust pipes, a new cam, and a posi rear end. As for the first three I can plainly see and hear they are there, but how do I verify the posi rear end is actually there? Also is it possible to determine the brand of the parts by looking at them, and since I can't look at the cam would it just be a crapshoot to determine brand?

I got the car from a guy who buys cars to resell them, and he can't supply any details other than he thinks the exhaust is BBK. I'll try to get some pictures up tommorow.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting my Mustang delivered today

after market performance parts are unlimited there is alot you can do to that car just take your time
Old 05-03-2008, 02:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

94 's came with the 8.8 trac-lock factory stock but if you still doubt its functionality....jack it up put car in nuetral and spin wheels = both should spin same direction for a trac lock rear as for cam , you'd have to remove it and look at part number on the heel
Old 05-03-2008, 11:38 PM
RedRider94

ORIGINAL: mjr46

94 's came with the 8.8 trac-lock factory stock but if you still doubt its functionality....jack it up put car in nuetral and spin wheels = both should spin same direction for a trac lock rear as for cam , you'd have to remove it and look at part number on the heel
Right, I'll do that in the morning but I think the guy said its a 9" or something, he said it wasn't the one from the factory. What kind of difference would that make over stock ? Like I said the guy that put all the parts on wasn't the one who sold the car so there is no telling
The seller also said there is a lowering kit, and it does sit pretty low so I'll found out tommorow when I start detailing it. I'm totally new to the muscle car and aftermarket scene so everything you guys tell me is much appreciated.

I got a first round of pictures up, I'll make sure to grab some more tommorow.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn144/redrider94/
Old 05-04-2008, 06:49 AM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

If it realy has a 9 incg rear than its alot better than the stock one. To tell the difference the stock one has a cover to the back of it that you can access the gears. a 9inch you have to unbolt the front and there is no access cover in the back of it.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedRider94

ORIGINAL: mjr46

Right, I'll do that in the morning but I think the guy said its a 9" or something, he said it wasn't the one from the factory. What kind of difference would that make over stock ? Like I said the guy that put all the parts on wasn't the one who sold the car so there is no telling
The seller also said there is a lowering kit, and it does sit pretty low so I'll found out tommorow when I start detailing it. I'm totally new to the muscle car and aftermarket scene so everything you guys tell me is much appreciated.

I got a first round of pictures up, I'll make sure to grab some more tommorow.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn144/redrider94/
first things first, all that cherry crap goes in the garbage lolyou got a great combo red with black so check out those seats and take off those seat covers and if your gunna keep the rear bumber get some tips for those pipes... you dont have to actualy do any of these things but thats just where id start.