5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Couple Questions... (Need Your Opinions!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Default Couple Questions... (Need Your Opinions!)

Hey everyone, for those who remember me, i havent been active on the forums in like 6 months. But im back! Im finally getting a new job and will be able to afford modding my 92 5.0 again =) !!!! So couple things on my mind about 5.0's... I have gone retarded and need some of your guys opinions and answers.

1. What do you guys think about rear window louvers on a Fox? If anyone has pic's of them on a fox please post them. (Ive never seen them on a fox)

2. What do you guys think the first 5 performance mods should be done to an almost stock fox. (Full exhaust already done)

3. Twin Turbos or Super Charger for low end speeds? 1-100 Which Brand would you go with?

4. Which Rims do you guys like on Fox's? (add year, color, and size that you would personally go with) I was thinkin' black Cobra's R's ...

thanks in advance =P
Old 05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
88fox50
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Couple Questions...

what do you think of the louvers? u like? then put em on

what kind of first 5 mods ? engine, suspension, etc?

what kind of budget?

and check out the rim websites where you can see what each set of rims look like on the car virtually, then decide what you like.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

*Updated* the questions. Made them more specific
Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

well heads and intake and boost, 8psi is enough... thats fast
Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

ill look into brands and pricing... anything else that might need to go along with all that? Maybe new suspension, im still running on stock from '92 o_O
Old 05-06-2008, 12:14 AM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

imo the first thing that should ever be done to your car is rear suspension, and a gear swap. id leave the louvers off if it was my car but if u like them thats up to you, as for other mods, heads/cam/intake is the best money you can spend. i like my supercharger but then again i like the turbo setups as well. as for rims i like the cobra R rims on the foxes
Old 05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P.S.I.cho

imo the first thing that should ever be done to your car is rear suspension, and a gear swap. id leave the louvers off if it was my car but if u like them thats up to you, as for other mods, heads/cam/intake is the best money you can spend. i like my supercharger but then again i like the turbo setups as well. as for rims i like the cobra R rims on the foxes
^.... Exactly what im looking for... your guys opinions =) thanks for your imput.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

trick flow twisted wedge heads, custom cam, intake of your choice, as for boost, if you wanna do it right, and have the money get a hellion kit ($5,000) its a steep price, but will last you with almost anything you want to do.

suspention, make sure your trannys gonna hold, gears, etc
Old 05-06-2008, 09:23 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

yeah thats not cheap but if its as good as u say it is, ill look into more. Ihope the tranny will be fine... i did replace it about a year ago... as for the gears i have 3.73's ready to be installed
Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
88fox50
1st Gear Member

^.... Exactly what im looking for... your guys opinions =) thanks for your imput
btw in case it came off that way, i wasnt trying to be a jerk, i was more so stating that when it comes to customizing your cosmetics, do it how you want. for every 5 guys that think its cool there are 5 who wont...and for the power adders i agree 100% with P.S.I.cho . heads/cam/intake ... post some pics along the way too!!

Quick Reply: Couple Questions... (Need Your Opinions!)