5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Throttle Body/Intake Combo???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Throttle Body/Intake Combo???

i am looking to buy the trick flow track heat intake manifold for my mustang, the upper and lower...it says 75mm throttle body inlet..does this mean i need a 75mm throttle body??? can i use my stock one? and hwo baout vise versa if i did stock intake and 75mm throttle body so i could re use the throttle ody when i get the trick flow?? any downsides to a tb? should i also get pullies? i don thitnk they do much, but anything helps
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Throttle Body/Intake Combo???

stay away from the pullies!!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
sYckmYnded
I ♥ Acer

dont listen to him! the pullys work good, and the throttle body will all bolt up the 75mm is the size of the air flow, but unless you have upgraded your injectors your mass air meter and your induction?, dont go above 70mm might even wanna use a 65mm

just remember the bigger the throttle body the less responce and power you will make unless you have the mods that accompany the throttle body, id use a 65mm, 70mm tops, use the bbk power plus throttle body set, iv used alot and i like this one the best
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

You will not lose power by going with a larger TB. It just makes the gas pedal touchier.

A 75 mm opening does not mean you need a 75 mm TB. Just that it will accept that TB diameter without having to dremel.

Pullies will gain you power, but they have some drawbacks. A little less cooling and less idle speed for the alternator. This is not good for accessories...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 AM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

Track Heat, X-Cam, stock heads, ? (this is what your signature indicates) This is not a good combination, for a lack of better terms, it's a recipe for a turd. Whatis your plan for heads?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

hahaah no plan just yet..e7's ar ecrap so idk wehat to get..any suggestions??
Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sYckmYnded
just remember the bigger the throttle body the less ... power you will make unless ...
Less restriction on the intake will make less power [&:]

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]Maybe a 60mm would make more power because it would increase velocity? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

dont listen to him! the pullys work good, and the throttle body will all bolt up the 75mm is the size of the air flow, but unless you have upgraded your injectors your mass air meter and your induction?, dont go above 70mm might even wanna use a 65mm

just remember the bigger the throttle body the less responce and power you will make unless you have the mods that accompany the throttle body, id use a 65mm, 70mm tops, use the bbk power plus throttle body set, iv used alot and i like this one the best
horse shty!!!!!!!! pullies are a waste..they slow the alt down = lower charge voltage and amperage out put throughout the whole range and slows the water pump down reducing flow rate/and cooling capability....and all for what 2rwhp on the dyno??..save your money and headache for something else worth a gain.......the only pulley I have left from the set on mine is the crank for belt clearance issues...alt is powermaster, and water pump is elec ftw!!
and bigger tb less respnse?? wtf...man bunch of mis info here^^^^^^^^^^^^[&:]...anyway you go ahead and use yo' power pullies..they ain't gonna help you against me
Old 05-14-2008, 07:31 PM
sYckmYnded
I ♥ Acer

then you had a bad experiance with pullys cuz i have had 3 mustangs and ALL 3 have had underdirves on them including the one i have now, and i have NEVER had 1 single problem charging or cooling, EVER, and dude boy read exacly what i said before you quote it, u made youself look not so smart...
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

then you had a bad experiance with pullys cuz i have had 3 mustangs and ALL 3 have had underdirves on them including the one i have now, and i have NEVER had 1 single problem charging or cooling, EVER, and dude boy read exacly what i said before you quote it, u made youself look not so smart...
yeah your smarter than I AM i ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]iF YOU BUILD A MOTOR fast enough you don't need pullies.. like me

Quick Reply: Throttle Body/Intake Combo???