5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nitrous on a stock fox DD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 PM
88fox50
1st Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous on a stock fox DD

i got a question now, so if i go dry, then i need to drop the tank and swap out the fuel pump? ( a certain type?) then is there a regulator on the car stock? if so where is it located so i can replace it with the adjustable..... ok.. better yet, is there somewhere i can read up on installing NO2 and what i need to do to the car to set it up right.. (like what i adjust fuel pressure to and when to adjust, * timing set...etc,.. im the newest noob to NO2 but im pretty good mechanicly so im sure with your help i can learn enuf to do it right.. thanks

Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88fox50

i got a question now, so if i go dry, then i need to drop the tank and swap out the fuel pump? ( a certain type?) then is there a regulator on the car stock? if so where is it located so i can replace it with the adjustable..... ok.. better yet, is there somewhere i can read up on installing NO2 and what i need to do to the car to set it up right.. (like what i adjust fuel pressure to and when to adjust, * timing set...etc,.. im the newest noob to NO2 but im pretty good mechanicly so im sure with your help i can learn enuf to do it right.. thanks

Anything above a 75 shot an upgrade is needed, but i find that most 20 year old fuel pumps are not in the best shape anyways... so go for the upgrade for a dry shot period. The stock regulater is located on your fuel rail near your throttle body. Here are some instructions for my kit. It comes with an inline fuel pump but an in-tank replacement is sufficient if you dont have an inline.

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...A5130-SNOS.pdf

the timing is simple to adjust, you just need a timing light.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/timing.php

And i set my fuel pressure to around 41psi when im spraying my 150 shot. The stock setting is 37 so its just a bit richer. When the nitrous activates with this particular kit, it creates a very intense vacuum against the fuel pressure regulater. This bumps the fuel pressure to 90psi-ish to compensate for all that extra oxygen(nitrous) in the combustion chamber. Hope this helps

Old 05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
88fox50
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

Anything above a 75 shot an upgrade is needed, but i find that most 20 year old fuel pumps are not in the best shape anyways... so go for the upgrade for a dry shot period. The stock regulater is located on your fuel rail near your throttle body. Here are some instructions for my kit. It comes with an inline fuel pump but an in-tank replacement is sufficient if you dont have an inline.

And i set my fuel pressure to around 41psi when im spraying my 150 shot. The stock setting is 37 so its just a bit richer. When the nitrous activates with this particular kit, it creates a very intense vacuum against the fuel pressure regulater. This bumps the fuel pressure to 90psi-ish to compensate for all that extra oxygen(nitrous) in the combustion chamber. Hope this helps

that helps a lot... i recently advanced my timing to roughly 12-13* for current setup but i know its got to come down once i put the naz on ...but it only has to come down when i plan on sprayin right? like what 8* or so? or is the stock 10* ok..
Old 05-21-2008, 11:36 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

I would lower it to 8* to be safe when spraying. Keep it there when you plan on spraying. and remember 93 octane at least.MSD makes a module with a timing retard feature so you can run higher timing n/a and when your NOS is activated it will bump it down to your specified level.

ORIGINAL: 88fox50

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

that helps a lot... i recently advanced my timing to roughly 12-13* for current setup but i know its got to come down once i put the naz on ...but it only has to come down when i plan on sprayin right? like what 8* or so? or is the stock 10* ok..