5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

i have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:58 PM
eliptical_illusions

Default RE: i have a ?

it is a skat stroker kit and the only things i replaced when i pulled it apart was the crank, main bearings, rod bearings, cam, lifters a/c delete, smog delete, high vol oil pump...everything else was already on it and i put it back on it...the crank that i bought and put in it was a skat crank and was balanced when i bought it and it was the crank for my stroker kit
Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

part number for crank?????? cause if you used stock balancer and flywheel your[&:][&:][&:]
Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: eliptical_illusions

it is a skat stroker kit and the only things i replaced when i pulled it apart was the crank, main bearings, rod bearings, cam, lifters a/c delete, smog delete, high vol oil pump...everything else was already on it and i put it back on it...the crank that i bought and put in it was a skat crank and was balanced when i bought it and it was the crank for my stroker kit
So you are still using the stock rods, pistons, rings.. etc?

sounds like you REALLY need to take that bitch apart... like NOW
Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

well since your not answering me ill just ASSUME your using the stock balancer and flywheel

ok you have a decent issue on your hands

you can either 1. half *** it and get the correct balancer/flywheel

or do it right, and pull the shortblock apart, send in your(correct) flywheel, balancer, crank, pistons, rods, and wrist pins and get the rotating assembly balanced.

either way, imo, id take it apart just to look at eerything

yea it was balanced when you bought it but just roughly

i work at a machine shop, anything we build(mostly 383chevys, 347 fords and 532 fords) we balance the "balanced" rotating assemblys... and each time the crank gets some kind of correction

easiest thing to do is just throw the appropriate flywheel and balancer on it... right thing to do is to balance it all
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

and mjr... how the hell have ya been man...
Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: dimebag

and mjr... how the hell have ya been man...
where you been at DIME!!!!! SATURDAY is the masondixon mustang club meet....you gonna be there weather permiting?? looks like it might hold up for us!!!! I'm gonna race my 92 looks like...the wife is putting up a fit so it may just be me[:@]
Old 05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

**** man ive been over in that there 4.6 section lol. iglance over here often but dont post alot anymore... it makes me feel like im at work lol

and nope im gonna be in ocean city ****in around down there... yall should take those foxbody's of yours down there!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

**** man ive been over in that there 4.6 section lol. iglance over here often but dont post alot anymore... it makes me feel like im at work lol

and nope im gonna be in ocean city ****in around down there... yall should take those foxbody's of yours down there!!!
with gas over 4.00 a gallon??[&:]..would love to but that'll break my bank[:@]
Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

haha yea its gonna cost a few to get down... gotta love that about the mod motor... i gets good highway milage lol

hear your in the 11.7 range? nice nice

the 02 went 13.7 stock, havent ran it w. the gears yet... still tryin to sell the 5.0 cuz god damn i wanna make this 02 faster lol
Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

haha yea its gonna cost a few to get down... gotta love that about the mod motor... i gets good highway milage lol

hear your in the 11.7 range? nice nice

the 02 went 13.7 stock, havent ran it w. the gears yet... still tryin to sell the 5.0 cuz god damn i wanna make this 02 faster lol
yeah it ran 11.79 @ 117.........all motor...haven't sprayed it yet and don't plan to for a while until it hit the dyno to check a/f........I just wanted to see if the money I spent finally reached my goal and after 2nd run it did..and I'm sure there is more in it N/A but for now I'm content with results....my 92 has had a drivability issue for the past few months = drop in et and slighty surge under load....so last month before race I finally took a look at it to fix it...yeah I'm lazy and procrastinate when it comes to fixin' my other rides!!...but make a long story short it was the plug wires..so last month my wife raced it but I wanna run it this month and see if I can get it back down to 13.60's/ 13.70's where it used to run before it had all the drivability prob...usually it runs 13.70's at 98-99 mph