5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Is this dry nitrous kit any good? Compucar

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 10:37 AM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Default Is this dry nitrous kit any good? Compucar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMPU...spagenameZWDVWWas wondering if this was anygood, a buddy of mine wants to put a dry kit on his stock 5.0. Its got gears and exhaust. Also is it true the stock intake was not ment to flow liquids( wet nitrous ) it could have chance to puddle up right? If we were to decide to go wet what intake would you guys recommend for this on a stock bottum end stock cam and heads car? also would a 125-150shot be to much? hes lookn to run high 12's..
Old 05-25-2008, 10:40 AM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is this dry nitrous kit any good? Compucar

he will do what ever he has to do to run high 12's .. but moreless we just want to play around and see what it really takes to get there, by buying a few things taking it down the track and just keep buyn stuff till we can reach the 12's.. Ive seen plunty of stock 5.0's with nitrous H/C/I running 12's
Old 05-25-2008, 12:06 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

get a kit that goes to 150hp, and definately upgrade the fuel pump.
dry kits will usually require bigger injectors but are easier to install.
wet kits are fine too, just make sure you follow the instructions that come with the kit.

I've used the zex dry kit with success, stock motor with drag radials went from 13.50 to 11.98 with a 125 shot.
I am now using a nitrous express wet kit and like it too, 150 shot netted 90rwhp and 185ft/lbs

Old 05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

Wet kits are much safer.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

thats no the best way to spray dry. it is less efficient and you'll waste some nitrous.

no efi intake was designed to flow fuel, so they will all puddle, it's just if it gets hot enuff to ignite is the issue.

i like dry kits better than wet for smaller app's like 50-125

and 100 shot alone on cheaters should get him hi 12's

that bag kit is neat, truly a 5-minute install, but it will only get you 100 hp extra no matter what it says. we played w/ that kit on my buddy's '95 lightning. and it went 12's

BUT... that kit squirts b4 the maf, so thats why it's les efficient, also it's anot a permanent install, it's made to hide it. it has a split wire that plugs into the cigarette lighter (so if that doesn't work your screwed) and part goes to the selonoid, the other goes to an actual manual button. not a wot switch. for $150 more you can have a real dry kit like the NOS 5115 and it will permament, better and uses a wot switch and fuel safety switch.

i do like that compucar kit, i'm gonna get one so i can pop it from car to car, thats the nice thing

also there is no nozzle, it just goes from plastic tubing to a section of steel tubing that goes under the air cleaner clamp and thats it. like i said... 5 minute install.

you will however be able to sell it for about what you paid for it. probably about $300 all day long
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

aright sweet. That sounds like a pretty slick kit, 5 min install is cool. Ill look into the nos 5115 kit. Also whats some good wet kits? Thanks for all the replys .. big help for us making a choice on what to buy..
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I have a Zex 82023 kit for sale, cheap.. and comes with everything you need to hook it up... including a purge

Old 05-27-2008, 02:27 PM
1990NOS!
2nd Gear Member

^^^^ nice kit. i use zex and never had a problem.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

depending how you wanted to spray wet is the biggest choice to make

least safe is the tb plate or a wet nozzle, both mix fuel and spray through the upper. NX and NOS are the best imo, and expect to pay about $550 for a complete kit

a real plate kit will sandwich between the upper and lower, much safer since your not introducing fuel until much closer to where it was meant to be. more expensive, typically for a little higher hp app's like 125-250, but specific to the intake you have and the plate can be pricey, so if you plan on swapping intakes, you'll need a new one, trick flow and NOS are probably the way to go here, usually about $600-$700 for the kit

then there is the big dog, the best way to spray period but it will cost you about twice as much. a direct port kit will use a nozzle at every cylinder, the efi dp kits will piggypack a nozzle and the injector. the safest best way to make big big hp. they start about $1000 , again... NOS probably has the most available app's

the bottle-in-a-bag kit will def get you going though, but it's not consistent due to manual activation, and if you drive a stick... even trickier. the selonoid is mounted on the bottle so when the nitrous isn't spraying you lose whats in the tube all the way to the intake. even a regular kit you will except on a back to back pass.. but the BIAB kit no way to purge. then you have to fill the line up b4 it hits, so it will hit softer from a dig which helps.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

You can get the dyno tune kit from ebay for like $275 with the 50-125 jets if your looking to go nitros on the cheap.Get the camaro kit it is the exact same kit with more jets<<---(only the cheapo dyno tune kits not sure about the others)

the only way I would use wet is with direct port or one of those nifty plates.

I dont spray before the maf!!! on the foxes the ect probe is on the lower intake that should read the incoming cold air on my sn 95 I drilled mine out right in front of the act probe same thing as the ect probe it reads incoming air temp also.

everybody installs these things different but I hear the best place is right in front of the TB on the foxes...

I bump my fuel pressure up to 55 when im using the dry kit..

Quick Reply: Is this dry nitrous kit any good? Compucar