You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
So yesterday, I decided to go out to the garage and disassemble something Worked on it for about 2 1/2 hours total. Goal is to hide as much as possible without cutting any wires, or at least keep it to a minimum, and install a new Jacobs ignition system. So far I have all wiring from the front and driver's side pulled through the fender, haven't had to cut anything except some wiring I ran for the flashers. Not sure what I'm going to be able to do with all the vacuum stuff on the passenger side but will address that later.
Next step will be some rust cleanup before I start mounting parts in the fenderwell to test fit the fenders. Will post up more pics when installation progresses.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
You shouldn't have to cut or extend any wires unless you've weld up the inner fender in the engine bay.
I welded up my inner fender and the only 2 sets of wires I had to cut and extend were the wires going to the A/C compressor and the wires to the Overflow bottle.
You can hide all the vacuum lines in the fenders just like the wires.
You can also hide/relocate your brake lines so that there not as noticeableif you're really looking to clean up your engine bay.
Just suggestions...and nothing else, enjoy the project and keep those pics coming.
Mustang Monthly Jan 2015- Feature
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords July 2005
Well I haven't welded up any of the holes and don't plan to right now. Good news is I don't have A/C and my overflow doesn't have the low coolant sensor.
The only wires it looks like i'm going to have to replace is the starter wire to reach the solenoid.
I was more looking to make the bay look a little cleaner and install my ignition. I will look over the brake lines and see what I can do with them. I plan on taking care of the rust first tomorrow night.
Will add more pics probably this weekend.
Almost Stock - Can you post a pic of your engine bay. I think I remember seeing it before in a wire hiding post but don't remember how/where you moved everything.
His engine bay is the holy grail of engine bays on here! Be sure to wear a welding helmet when the lights shine on that motor or you will be blinded lol. You can tuck your brake lines under the lip that they sit on.
As you can see in one of my older pics of my engine bay. http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...FrontClose.jpg
I hid all my wires and I only remember having to extend one or two at the most (don't specifically remember which ones though). I also ran all my vacuum lines into the fender. I just drilled some holes and bolted the mount right onto my frail rail.
This is the picture from the first time I relocated them about a year ago I guess. It didnt turn out the best in the world but for a short weekend worth of work I was pretty happy with the outcome.There are still tons to relocate though, thats for another day lol.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor