5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Were to buy crate motor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:52 PM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Default Were to buy crate motor!!!

Looking for a small block ford and transmission. I may buy a rolling chassis 88coupe, full 8.50 ceritfied cage back halfed car tubed all new front end QA1, 8.8 with 9inch tubes and strange axles. Im looking for 600 nitrous capatible motor. Going with a carb setup, Im selling all my fuel injection stuff.

Well my question is weres some good places to buy crate motors, long blocks or complete motors? Ive been looking at coast high and a place out of north carolina. Im looking to run 10.0's and be street able. Thats why im considering a small block with nitrous instead of a big block. The car weighs 2700pounds with motor n tranny. I only weigh a buck 40 so 600hp should get that car down the track pretty quick... Thanks guys, ill get pictures of this car its probably the cleanest back halfed car, 8.50's cage ive ever seen...
Old 08-09-2008, 03:11 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Were to buy crate motor!!!

ford strokers.com has them.......coast high ect ect.......all depends on what soze motor you want and what you want done to it vs budget
Old 08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Im looking for like a 427W, I deffently want a windsor motor. Um im lookn for like 550 or so all motor and then add some nitrous. Well i just got a new job with the rail road, csx... so i got more money then i use to when i was building the 347stroker with d1 procharger.. and im tired of the hassel with the fuel injection crap. I just want to get this new notchback thats caged and tubbed with 4link and drop a nice 600 hp motor and run 10's all day and drive it on the street and be done with building a car... its been almost 2 years since ive drove my stang and ive lost interest in all of it.. Just ran out of money and the usual.. but ill check out the fordstrokers.com coast highs a lil high on prices i think...
Old 08-09-2008, 04:54 PM
somedudeboy

Another kind word for fordstrokers .com

Jim will take care of you.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Get ready to spend some BUCKS if you're serious about doing a 427W. I know from experience...you are gonna need a 9.5 deck Dart block which will set ya back about $2700.00 (I just bought one). Then all the internals, fuel system, etc.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

so why lose the 347 and d1 that should be a 10 second daily drive ride as that is ,,,?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:18 PM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

yea a 427 is not gonna be cheap in anyway, and if you wanted you could run that procharger on a carb. I know a guy that has a turbo setup with a carb on a mildy built 302 and it goes 11 teens all day. so a procharger witha stroker.....yea dude...
Old 08-09-2008, 09:19 PM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

long story short... I wanted a tubed chassis car and wanted more less a 8.50's certified street car, that was professionally done. Well i found that car Ive wanted... the car honest to god is the nicest mustang ive ever seen, the welds on the cage are unreal... ill get pics of it and you will see what im talking about. To finish my car i need a full fuel system, plus the hassel of getting it tuned and if somthing would go wrong id have to travel again to get it re tuned and with the short block i had. I dont think it would of held 600 hp with that blower. So moreless im making a couple extra bucks selling all my stuff, and to complete my fuel injection project i would of probably had probably 4 grand in back halfing the car and then its only 4 lug, it needs a new cage put in, then i need all new wheels. Ill have made 10grand off all the stuff i have for sale most is all gone. This new car is 10grand rolling, it has a lot of stuff on it. Has msd7al 750$ box, the wireing in this car is unreal... everything is painless, fuse box everything.. has a quarter stick shifter, its got700$ radiator andfans, fuel system,the car inside and out i would eat off of... no flaws what so ever... So for 10grand I could have that car everything i wanted to do to mine, for probably half the price. Then put 10grand in the motor tranny and a nitrous kit... and for 20 grand hopfully have a nice 10.0 high 9's street car... and theres no taking it 3 hours for tuning.. Theres no more computer bull ****... and the motor compartment will look sick...Tommarow ill have pics of this car up... me and a buddy took some tonight... but i figured a coast high 427W pro street motor 6grand long block... I have every thing but carb and intake for this motor... so 7grand my motors complete and put 2 grand in a tranny converter and drive shaft and have a grand to do the little stuff here and there it needs...
Old 08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Your gonna spend more than $2K on a quality tranny. I learned this a looooooong time ago when it comes to big projects. Take your budget and multiply by 25% and that will be a more realistic number ($) you will be looking at.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

reliable hp will require spending bucks.. I keep taking stock stuff to the limit..like last night.. I blew the stock rear in my 66 and last month the stock rear in my 92[:@]

Quick Reply: Were to buy crate motor!!!