5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

which is better,Kenne Bell or Vortech?

Old 05-28-2005, 01:43 AM
bobo85

Default which is better,Kenne Bell or Vortech?

i plan on going with a supercharger soon but my knowledge on them is very little,so any info would be appreciated.so again,Kenne Bell or Vortech??
Old 05-28-2005, 01:55 AM
bobby
5th Gear Member

Default RE: which is better,Kenne Bell or Vortech?

kenne bell for CRAZY lowend, vortech for most power
Old 05-28-2005, 02:17 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

In price comparison the Vortech owns a KB. If money wasnt an object I would go with a KB simply for the fun factor. Positive displacment blowers run very very hot and KB doesnt make charge coolers for the pushrod motors. Vortech would be the smart choice.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:24 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Cbra

In price comparison the Vortech owns a KB. If money wasnt an object I would go with a KB simply for the fun factor. Positive displacment blowers run very very hot and KB doesnt make charge coolers for the pushrod motors. Vortech would be the smart choice.
You can fabricate one. Or buy one off the net.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:11 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

IMO vortech is better and get a intercooler and it will own the KB
Old 05-28-2005, 04:46 PM
tomabram
3rd Gear Member

Centifugual SC ex. Vortec, Paxton, will not give you the bottom end punch. The KB is a constant boost SC and you will have a faster car. The KB will be more useful on the street.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:00 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tomabram
Centifugual SC ex. Vortec, Paxton, will not give you the bottom end punch. The KB is a constant boost SC and you will have a faster car. The KB will be more useful on the street.
What makes you think a twin-screw supercharged car would be faster than centrifugal?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:26 PM
tomabram
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

What makes you think a twin-screw supercharged car would be faster than centrifugal?
uuummmmmm........ my personal experiance. I had a paxton and then switched over to the roots type. HUGE difference. Paxton didnt have the punch until it spooled up a bunch. Roots....well.....instant boost.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

The KB is the better in my opinion since it will keep making power as high as ur motor will rev so u have power all through the rpm range. so if u can afford it definately go KB......oh yeah i have heard of a KB bell adding as much as 125hp on a stock motor with 6-7lbs of boost just a lil something for u to think about.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:02 PM
mstng675l
2nd Gear Member

Well your experience seems very limited.... The KB may seem faster because of the bottom end you get with the boost coming on so low... When the centrifugal spools up though watch out.... There are many different kinds of fast and if you are talking about overall speed such as upper rpm stuff the centrifugal owns the KB.... If you ever see a video or actually watch a race between a centrifugal car and twin screw car you will see wat im talking about... The cetrifugal car will have to play catch up but let me tell you it will play catch up very well....

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

uuummmmmm........ my personal experiance. I had a paxton and then switched over to the roots type. HUGE difference. Paxton didnt have the punch until it spooled up a bunch. Roots....well.....instant boost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which is better,Kenne Bell or Vortech?