Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1985 LX Coupe

I have a real long serp belt that I cut. I put it where it needs to be and keep makeing it shorter until I get the right length and hold it together with a pair of vise grips. When it's exactly like I want it I take a silver sharpie and mark it, then lay the belt on the floor and measure it, call the parts store and have them drop me off a new Gates belt. Never fails.
I used a brand new belt because I wanted the longest one made. You can use an old belt and it works just as well.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

1985 LX Coupe, 347/581hp N/A TCI C6 Currie 9 inch 4:10s 2577 pounds. Do the math
Portmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
mustangmike33
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 Ford Mustang

well i dont know how to post pics on here, besides i cant anyway im on the library computer, but anyway, i run my belt with these three pulleys as well and i never changed the direction of the belt at all. ill try to bescribe it alittle. it goes around the crank, to the underside of the waterpump, over top of the tensioner, to the alternator and back to the crank. granted the ribber side is to the tensioner, it cause no problems that i have seen , and it has been this way for about 5 years, so hope that helps a little.
mustangmike33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #23
zbright85

Vehicle: 1985 ford mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmike33 View Post
well i dont know how to post pics on here, besides i cant anyway im on the library computer, but anyway, i run my belt with these three pulleys as well and i never changed the direction of the belt at all. ill try to bescribe it alittle. it goes around the crank, to the underside of the waterpump, over top of the tensioner, to the alternator and back to the crank. granted the ribber side is to the tensioner, it cause no problems that i have seen , and it has been this way for about 5 years, so hope that helps a little.
Ik this is a little while after u posted this but do u remember what size belt u used?
zbright85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1979, 351w, 50, 94, alt, belt, crank, mustang, pics, pump, run, set, size, water, waterpump