5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

t5 rebuild problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
dude I was agreeing with you

How in the world did you come to the conclusion I wasn't, I backed up what you said with proof.

You have to understand I am from the South

Saying things like: it wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't know evrythng about a car after seeing what the has done to them = he knows what the **** he is talking about
lol my bad, im sorry man. i guess i got a bit over anxious reading that other guys post i got a little defensive and didnt read what you were saying. sorry man dont take any offense to what i said. i was being stupid.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

no, you are right, I don't know a lot about these cars. I was a mechanic for a year but, worked on a lot of different cars and not mustangs. Mostly only did things like timing betls, brakes and replace transmissions when I was. I have only owned this car for a year now and another carb car years ago.

That guy was being lazy by not putting a pic up of the manual himself so we could show him what he is looking at.

And I am going to put a pic of the car up one day soon. My phone doesn't have a camera but, I will borrow one from work one day when I get it washed.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM
xperimental

That guy was being lazy by not putting a pic up of the manual himself so we could show him what he is looking at.
You are even more clueless than I originally thought. FivePoint was right that you bring nothing to the table but a bunch of gibberish. Go back and read my questions, think about them for a while, and if you really think you can add something of value try again (from what I've seen, you can't). I don't care about your opinions. I was hoping to find an answer that could be backed up with FACTS. How you can think that the picture on page 18 answers any of my questions is beyond me.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

because I drew the **** for 2 years dumbass

I could draw every picture in your manual

Those drawings mean something ya know. They don't put a smaller circumference circle on the front of the slider because the engineer felt like it. Those arrows going though it mean something too. like WHICH WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER.

People like you are better off paying someone to do your work and leaving the internet strictly for ****.

Last edited by TrimDrip; 08-17-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:00 PM
xperimental

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
they're assembled with the bevel facing the input shaft, i dont care if its brand new or not. if someone asks which way it faces, face it the way they all do.

does that make sense? your arguement has no purpose other than questioning why things are the way they are? what difference does it make other than a difference in opinions? it doesnt.
You are making an assumption that they all are put together the same way. How do you know? You obviously don't. Like I said, I pulled one apart that WAS NOT put together that way and I was trying to find out if it was a mistake. Your earlier post was written very strongly (with and exclamation point, in fact) that it MUST go on facing forward, thus I assumed that you must know WHY. You finally admitted that you didn't (which is fine), just remember that sometimes people are going to call you on what you say and ask "why". If they do, don't be offended. You just might learn something yourself in the end.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by xperimental
You are making an assumption that they all are put together the same way. How do you know? You obviously don't. Like I said, I pulled one apart that WAS NOT put together that way and I was trying to find out if it was a mistake. Your earlier post was written very strongly (with and exclamation point, in fact) that it MUST go on facing forward, thus I assumed that you must know WHY. You finally admitted that you didn't (which is fine), just remember that sometimes people are going to call you on what you say and ask "why". If they do, don't be offended. You just might learn something yourself in the end.

sorry your transmission wasnt assembled correctly. nothing was learned from this. i know the bevel facing forward is correct. as to why? i dont know why, but thats beside the point. they all face the front from any picture/drawing/transmission i've seen/tore apart. you have the exception. it happens, errors do occur with large enough numbers. im sure you arent the only one or the last one, but the bevel faces the front.

people do ignorant things all the time, just because it was put together wrong and it works, doesnt mean its right. hell, i've seen people put the front springs in a fox UPSIDE DOWN! how they accomplish this is beyond me....people do stupid things.

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 08-18-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:34 PM
xperimental

Default OWNED

Instead on continuing to jerk around with you Jenius’s (the J is on purpose) I decided to ask Tremec directly. Hopefully next time when you are trying to come across as an expert you will do your homework first. Remember that opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. Making a statement that something “has to” or “must” when you really don’t know why (just so you can look important) is lame. By the way Tremec is owned by TTC. See their response below.

My question:
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009
To: Rob Sheppard
Subject: RE: TTC Send Us a Message Form
One more question for you about the WC T5 transmission (Tag #1352-208):
The transmission I am working on has a groove on the 3rd-4th gear slider. The service manual says to mark the slider and hub so that they can be put back together exactly the way they were. While pulling the transmission apart I noticed that the groove is facing the output shaft. I marked them as the service manual said to do and am planning on putting them back together as I found them, but someone I was talking to mentioned that the groove (in some cases it’s an extra large chamfer) should face the input shaft not the output. This was their opinion and was not based upon facts. 3rd and 4th gears were working perfectly before the trans came out, so flipping it around just because someone “thinks” it should face the other way seems like a bad idea to me. Can you help?

Response from Tremec:
From: Rob Sheppard [mailto:rob.sheppard@ttcautomotive.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009
To: ……
Subject: RE: TTC Send Us a Message Form
The 3/4 sleeves are symmetrical , so they will work in either direction. The chamfer is there to ID the model and to easily note its position for re-assembly. Tremec adds a laser mark on the assembly (side of the hub & sleeve)to aid in the exact re-assembly of components. Orientation of the chamfer is not important on the ¾. However the 5th synchronizer must always have the chamfer to the rear. Issues with clearance to the casting will arise if this is not followed. To confuse the issue, we use both ID grooves AND chamfers to ID the parts. The grooves can be on a chamfer or on the opposite side. In general, I like to have the ¾ chamfer forward, BUT as I have pointed out, it can work either way. Bottom line is when re-assembling, copy what was original.

Can you say OWNED?

I will understand if neither of you respond.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

I read your other thread, I know it was working assembled backwards. I was just trying to help you out. Can you say thank-you? How do you know for a fact it came backwards from the factory anyway?

And honestly bro, nobody gives a **** about anyone that can't make 10 post without starting an argument and says they are from lala land.

I know my name tag is stupid and it is only on that because my gamer tag is that on x-box. If you ever want to be shot in the face in any game, or get raped in madden football, come get it. I will even play nba live.

Last edited by TrimDrip; 08-18-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM
xperimental

I read your other thread, I know it was working assembled backwards. I was just trying to help you out. Can you say thank-you?
What was I thinking? I can't believe I didn't thank you for all of your valuable insight (and for all of the "help" you were giving me). I should have also thanked you for your sweet drafting skills. You know girls only like guys with skills. By the way, how are your bow staff and nun chuck skills?

FYI: I didn't post here to start an argument. I came here with a legitimate question. In my opinion, Fivepoint was initially claiming to be an expert on the subject. His posts were very matter of fact. I asked "why" and his responses were "because I rebuilt one" and later "that's just the way it is". These are lame answers. Next time he should say "based upon what I know..." or "in my opinion...". In many cases, opinions stated as fact can cause problems for other people who take them seriously.

The reason I started here with my question is because I was hoping to get an answer over the weekend and I couldn't call Tremec because they were closed.

I know my name tag is stupid and it is only on that because my gamer tag is that on x-box.
Huh?

If you ever want to be shot in the face in any game, or get raped in madden football, come get it. I will even play nba live.
What an offer, I'll be sure to be there.

Be careful what you say about LaLa Land. It's a great place to live.

Last edited by xperimental; 08-18-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

You know girls only like guys with skills.
not going to say nothing

By the way, how are your bow staff and nun chuck skills?
State champ when i was 11, haven't done it since.

The chicks must dig you.
More than you will ever understand

You and Fivepointhoe are a match made in heaven. I'm sure he loves that fact that you are his biggest fan.
he is from Iowa, and he is not Julio Jones

Be careful what you say about LaLa Land. It's a great place to live.
I still don't what your talking about so, it doesn't really matter.

So did you ever figure out which way the assembly came from the factory or did you have trouble communicating with tremec too?

Quick Reply: t5 rebuild problem :(