5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help with KOEO codes/fooling ECU

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
keepinitoldskool

Default Need help with KOEO codes/fooling ECU

Hi, it's me again
I got the engine started yesterday but it didn't want to idle so I have some more work to do...
Runs ok at higher RPMS
this car is missing all of its smog equipment but I can get some at the junkyard if neccessary.. I would prefer to just trick the ECU
I reconnected the MIL and ran a KOEO test, however I am new to these cars and i need advice on how to correct these issues or trick the ecu

34 EVP voltage high/out of range (what is EVP and how do I get around this?)
67 Park/neutral fault (this car is manual, WTF??? It also starts w/o depressing the clutch pedal)
81 Air Management 1 circuit failure (what is this?)
82 Air Management 2 circuit failure
84 EGR vacuum solenoid failure (there is no EGR system on this car... if I reconnect the solenoid without vacuum or exhaust will this clear the code?)
85 Adaptive fuel lean limit reached (yea, the plugs are black)
87 Fuel pump primary circuit failure (this car has a ghetto-rig on the underseat relay trigger)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
keepinitoldskool

I reset the ecu after connecting solenoids, lowering plug gaps, and adjusting valvetrain. Now the car will idle (erratic) but I am still getting the following codes:
34 wtf?
67 It has a t56, maybe there is a problem with the wiring?
87 Working on it........... I think I can fix it

Also there is a RED/LTBLU wire near the ignition coil that is cut, what is this for?
The OEM starter wire is disconnected and there is a separate wire to the ignition switch, I want to correct this but need advice on how to get the clutch switch out to test
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by keepinitoldskool
I reset the ecu after connecting solenoids, lowering plug gaps, and adjusting valvetrain. Now the car will idle (erratic) but I am still getting the following codes:
34 wtf?
67 It has a t56, maybe there is a problem with the wiring?
87 Working on it........... I think I can fix it

Also there is a RED/LTBLU wire near the ignition coil that is cut, what is this for?
The OEM starter wire is disconnected and there is a separate wire to the ignition switch, I want to correct this but need advice on how to get the clutch switch out to test
the evp is the sensor actually connected to the egr valve. if you have no emissions stuff just block off the egr holes and remove the egr all together. the computer will factor it out over time. it will not effect driveability as long as there is no vac leaks.

nutetral safety switch is a connection. look under the dash up at the clutch pedal. make sure the connection is connected and the clutch pedal is depression the little pin up in there.

let us know if you have troubles with 87