5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Smog pump and EGR valve removal questions...

Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
j-wigg
2nd Gear Member

is yours running fine that way??? just curious cuz i'm having a vacuum problem. possible other things but vacuum is low. what you say cap off the lines, why cant all the lines be pulled and the soleniods be unplugged and pulled out of the car??? that one that your curious about, any idea on where that goes into the fender. is that for the vacuum reserve?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 AM
KINGKAOS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by j-wigg
is yours running fine that way??? just curious cuz i'm having a vacuum problem. possible other things but vacuum is low. what you say cap off the lines, why cant all the lines be pulled and the soleniods be unplugged and pulled out of the car??? that one that your curious about, any idea on where that goes into the fender. is that for the vacuum reserve?
Right now my car isn't running.. Ya you just pull out the soleniods and vacuum lines from the car. You just have to re-hook 1 or 2 vacuum lines.. I have no idea where it goes into the fender. Thats what I'm asking about...
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 AM
KINGKAOS
2nd Gear Member

I'm assuming I keep that "small" tree on the left hooked up!?!
On the "big" tree on the right. The line I have drawn. That vacuum goes to the back of my intake. Do I keep that?

Thanx
Old 04-25-2009, 09:08 AM
j-wigg
2nd Gear Member

that one on the left is for the a/c. it goes to the "a/c" on the big vacuum tree on the right. the one that goes from the vacuum tree does go to the upper. keep that. should be on the "S" (source) though. on the vacuum tree on the right side, the second one from the right on mine is for the "bb" (brake boost) and thats hooked up. the one i took a picture of is different that the one you got circled "keep".

Last edited by j-wigg; 04-25-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 AM
j-wigg
2nd Gear Member

noticing you still have all your egr vacuum lines hooked up. and your heater is also disconnected, did you have a leak there?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:28 AM
j-wigg
2nd Gear Member

got mine working good. i still dont have the one connected in the pic on mine that i'm curious about (believe its the vacuum check valve) the egr vacuum and connection is disconnected and the connections for the 3 behind the psgr wheel are connected but no vacuum lines ran for those. going to let this run for a day to make sure its gonna be good before i go to removing the connections.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:02 PM
KINGKAOS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by j-wigg
noticing you still have all your egr vacuum lines hooked up. and your heater is also disconnected, did you have a leak there?
The only vacuum lines that are hooked up are: The big tree on the driver side, that little tree on the passenger side, and a small vacuum line that comes off the back of the intake and goes to the inside of the passenger fender..

My heater isnt disconnected!?! If your talkin about those 2 metal lines that are disconnected that go into the firewall!?! Then thats my A/C lines. I deleted my A/C..

Cool! Hopefully your car runs better now and all is good!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Ze2222
2nd Gear Member

i removed all my vaccum trees and deleted the vaccum ***** from my car, but i'm going strictly drag. If you delete ur big vaccum tree make sure u connect ur brake boost to the supply line to the vaccum tree so u can keep ur power assisted brakes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

this is why so many people used to get a carb. nice and simple. i would like a stand alone ecu personally so then i can just remove everything i dont need
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
j-wigg
2nd Gear Member

i like the efi along with getting rid of everything not needed for the state of florida. car running good this evening.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smog pump and EGR valve removal questions...